Home Community General Football Midweek Football Gameweek 12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Strap yourselves in for a feast 😀 I do honestly love back-to-back domestic football just like the good old days of Sportsnight – haha 🙂

TUESDAY:

Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest 7:30 PM
      Crystal Palace v Wolverhampton Wanderers 8:15 PM

WEDNESDAY:

AFC Bournemouth v Southampton 7:30 PM
      Brentford v Chelsea 7:30 PM
      Liverpool v West Ham United 7:30 PM
      Newcastle United v Everton 7:30 PM
      Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur 8:15 PM

THURSDAY:

Fulham v Aston Villa 7:30 PM
      Leicester City v Leeds United 8:15 PM

A good opportunity for Tottenham as the Top 2 do not play not only to leapfrog Man City but close the gap on the Gunners. From a Neutrals POV, I’m sure they would entertain the idea of a 3 horse race. No easy ride though at Old Trafford. Eric Ten-Hag will have ideas of his own and will be looking for ALL 3 points sealed on home soil.

Hopefully Liverpool can pick up where they left off and bag another home victory. Confidence should be better and a much more settled on the back of last Sunday’s triumph.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Nobody has played more than 10 games Nil.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

…all games live on Amazon Prime.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

If Poch isn’t back in the PL at some point this season, I’ll eat my hat…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

You’d certainly think so Mikus but I can’t see him going to Villa. I think Newcastle would be a good fit for him and they’d, no doubt, love to get a big name in. Currently, Howe is probably not doing badly enough to get sacked, though. Newcastle or back to Spurs (potentially if Conte was to go back to Juve) would be my bet. Don’t think there’s another PL job that would both interest him and be available this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

I think Howe is doing a good job at Newcastle and I can’t see an opening for Poch there nor at Spurs as it looks like Conte will be there next season very few big PL jobs are likely to be around and if he wants to return to the PL a job like the Villa job may be his best bet.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

You might both be right. I just feel it might be too big a step down for him. Surely, he can demand a CL job or at least a club like Newcastle who have the resources to be a PL club. As much as he would like a PL return, I suspect he might favour a big job abroad over a less glamourous PL job. I imagine Juventus would be keen on him if they couldn’t get Conte.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

What’s that? Is is a new car-based TV show called “Reverse Gear!” or perhaps a new musical themed reality called “Change That Tune!”… who know’s? But tune in next week for the new sports show “Back-Tracking With The Best Of Them!”, hosted by that dynamic duo, Sweedy & Puppy!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Chucky, my post above clearly dismissed the chances of Pochettino going to either Newcastle or back to Spurs for the reasons I stated and I wrote that if Pochettino wants to return to the PL a job like the Villa job might be his best bet!

I don’t think in the short to medium term there is a PL job that will necessarily come up and fit Pochettino’s ambitions and as the Ed says there’s probably more chance of him favouring a big job abroad over a less glamorous PL job.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Must have been a different Puppy banging on about how Conte was 100% certain to be leaving, already packed his bags as I recall… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Never said that at all Chucky what was discussed on here along with what was being discussed in the media was the prospect of Conte possibly returning to Juve given Allegri’s problems.I’ve subsequently stated on a number of occasions that I think Conte will remain at Spurs at least for next season as per my post @3:05pm yesterday.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Don’t you think he’d go back to Juve Chucky if they offered him the chance? In fairness, Conte himself has fuelled a lot of the speculation and uncertainty about his future at Spurs with some of the things he was coming out with last season. I still fancy Allegri to get the boot and for them to come back in for Conte. Only my opinion though. Certainly not a guarantee. History tells us Conte, like Mourinho, doesn’t do long spells.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Bad feeling about tonight. We’ve struggled to break teams down and are very susceptible to the counter. Another 0-0 wouldn’t surprise me, though. Fortunately for us, Spurs’ away record is not as good as their home record. Predictions Chucky?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Predictions? Conte will be signing a new contract before Christmas… read it and weep!! 🙂

(As for tonight, want to see what line up he goes with, if we start with a 3-4-3 I’m not hopeful, but with a 3-5-2 I’ll be a lot more optimistic!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Rover
                                Participant

Newcastle would be a big move for anyone with their new acquired status as the wealthiest club in the world but the only way would be if Howe is appointed England manager, there’s zero chance of him being sacked for now or for a long time still.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

To be fair, the Bone Saw Boys don’t seem to be going nuts about buying players, whether that’s just playing along with FFP rules or not I don’t know, but they do seem to be going along with the “building slowly but surely approach”… I don’t think Howe is in much trouble this year at least, and I can’t seem him leaving for Engerland anyway, not this time around.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Rover. no matter their wealth Newcastle have to adhere to FFP rules. I think you’re right as far as any Manager can be Howe is as safe as anyone currently, tbh I don’t think Howe wants to be an international Manager any time soon.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Utd will beat spurs tonight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Rover
                                        Participant

9 so why does Klopp say Liverpool can’t match the buying power of City or Newcastle if they all have to adhere to FFP rules?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Rover. I don’t believe Klopp mentioned Newcastle but it suits Klopp’s agenda to claim he can’t compete financially.

Liverpool’s net spend over the last 5 seasons is marginally higher than City’s.

Given the wealth behind Newcastle they could afford to buy the World’s major players they haven’t done that because they’ve had to adhere to FFP.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.