Home Community General Football Midweek Football 33 – Winner Takes All!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

I’m just hoping Wednesday Night doesn’t finish with a Stalemate. This I’m hoping for as Box Office and a win either way I believe will decide which way the Title is heading.

Will definitely have 2 screens on with West Ham playing Liverpool. Games start from Tuesday night:

Big Relegation battle between Leeds and Leicester as both clubs can still be sucked into the drop.

Forest face a tough game Wednesday as Brighton will look to bounce back from their semi-final disappointment. It doesn’t stop there as more games on Thursday as Managerless Tottenham take on Fa Cup Finalist Manchester United.

Thick and Fast and no thoughts just yet about any holidays and beaches!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Think West Ham will beat us. We are terrible away from home

City will beat Arsenal

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Yeah West Ham seem to be on a decent run since that hammering by Newcastle. Could be a close one that vs Liverpool. City are definitely beating Arsenal. A draw would be nice so there’s still some room for drama but I think we’ve all known for a while that Arsenal were throwing this title away. Hopefully Forest can take something from Brighton.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

You might be right Ed. A draw in my mind regardless of the games in hand would keep the flame alive. I looked at the fixtures and City aren’t winning EVERY single one. I think there’s a couple of stumbling blocks and of course, we’ll see how the head-to-heads with Real pan out.

A resolute performance from the Gunners if anything would give them a new lift they very much in need of.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Sean, in all honesty mate, you’re probably right. We’re leaking goals still and at times we’re all over the shop. Hard game against the Hammers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Well he doesn’t seem to think so…..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65383604

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Rover
                Participant

How City haven’t sealed this game by now with all those chances, this could come back to bite them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

Lampard really is having a mare.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Rover
                    Participant

Guess I was wrong re City, it’s a cakewalk for them so far.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

Yup, the inevitable happening in the title race. Arsenal running out of steam, City now primed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Bluemoon
                        Participant

That’s the stuff my Boys, bring on Real with their referees and all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Arsenal such bottlers again after missing top 4 last season. Lampard at real risk of ruining his Chelsea legacy here. Walk away Frank. This job is too big for you. Brighton result suits us. Liverpool result less so. Good performance by Liverpool so far. Feels like they’re starting to find their way.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Only Chelsea could concede 2 goals from 1 shot on target 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

“Good performance by Liverpool so far. Feels like they’re starting to find their way.”

Only taken us until matchday 32 to get there Ed 😁. Though I really wouldn’t worry about top 4. You or Newcastle would have to have an absolute mare now to lose it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Best we have played in a while. Another good performance from gakpo in that role.

Chelsea had one attacking player in their team. Bizarre team selection.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Oh I’ll not be confident of top 4 Mikus until we’re mathematically secure. It would indeed be a total collapse for you to catch us but stranger things have happened. Doesn’t help we’re up against another new manager tomorrow then have a real in form Villa side at the weekend. If we win both those, we’ll be fine. Lose both and I’ll start to be a bit concerned.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Never doubted city for a minute. Don’t think Arsenal bottled it. Just think you need to be about 20 points ahead of city and there is absolutely no toon for error

No experience of A run in. Huge opportunity missed as I can’t see them in the run for the title next season

City are just an exceptional team and it’s going to be very difficult for anyone to win until pep leaves

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Was that a potential pen for West Ham at the end there? Thought it looked pretty clear to me but can’t say I really understand the current rules around handball.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Ye Ed, I really don’t get it. Ref gives that no way it would be overturned

I’ve seen pens given for some ridiculous handballs but I’ve had no complaints if that was a pen

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

I think they bottled it tbh Sean. The last 3 games were where they lost the title. Coasting at 2-0 up at Anfield. Didn’t see the game out. Same vs West Ham. Then a complete collapse at home to the bottom side. Not enough character, in game intelligence for a title run in.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.