Home Community General Football Midweek Champions and Europa League Games

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Good to see these Comps return.

Some good matches to look forward to. Good Luck all Sets of Supporters πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Adlab
      Participant

Yet another penalty!
        One a game?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Well done Utd.
          PSG are the most over-rated crap team. They have two top forwards and thats it. They would be lucky to finish half way in the EPL.
          They are a load of cheats too. Its very rare I am glad Utd win but against this shite I am glad.
          How bad must the French league be?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Very good win for United away to last season’s CL Finalists, big win for Barca and a clean sheet for Chelsea against a very good Europa League winners in Sevilla. .😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Well I wasn’t expecting that. Not many teams go to Paris and are the better side. We were better than them all over the pitch tonight and should have scored more. Utd were excellent tonight. Let’s see if we can put a run together now or if it was a one off.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Adlab “How bad must the French league be?”

7th placed Lyon deservedly knocked out City so that’s a bit of an odd comment

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Superb result for United. Heard on the radio on way back home how really well they played too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

You can’t judge the strength of a league based on one game, PSG will still be one of the favorites for the CL. This was a superb performance by Utd, tactically they looked spot on, very balanced and gave no space for PSG’s forwards to run in behind.

Regarding the double penalty, the PSG goalie’s foot was clearly off the line so by the new rules no issues with the retake but I’m not a fan of this stuttering run up. This surely disadvantages the goalie who will likely make his move anticipating a normal run up. When the ball is struck the goalie is likely already off his line due to the stutter. So it’s either going to be a goal or a retake, not really fair in my opinion.

edit: how bad is that Utd kit?!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Fair point about the pen Threeps. Not a fan of that run up either. The kit is horrendous, agreed!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Ya PSG gave us one hell of a go when we were drawn in the same group as us 2 years ago. I don’t like them but they are definitely not crap. I mean didnt they get into the semi’s last season. No offense Adlab but have City ever made the semis? I don’t think they have and you wouldnt say City are crap.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Threeps, agreed regards the gamesmanship involved in the run up. They should ban the entire thing and just say “natural movement towards and striking of the ball, or forfeit the pen”. Its already too hard on keepers and all the crap they keep inventing to make it worse, is really just skirting the rules that already say they must not stop etc etc… Its just ridiculous at this stage.

I am not exactly a fan of making sure the keepers have both feet on the line either, Im really not. Unless they want to draw 2 lines, one in a light colour that is a thicker line, then fine but they arent really considering the balance the keeper needs in order to bloody dive.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Mak, PSG narrowly lost to a superb Bayern side in the final only a couple of months ago. They’re miles better than Lyon anyway who knocked City out. I’m not sure any of the English sides bar maybe Liverpool are in a position to call PSG crap, considering our own failings.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Ed psg are not crap at all but you look at their last night after all the money spent and it looked weak but let’s remember utd we’re missing a good few players aseell

Thought utd were excellent and ole was brave and brought Pogba on and went for the win

Great win For utd and very enjoyable game

By the way is there a bigger test in football then Neymar. I’d hate to have him play for my team. Loses the ball and just stands there. Not a team player at all and no were near as good as he thinks he is

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Agree about Neymar Sean. Horrible player. He’s extremely talented but is just an awful team player. I thought Utd’s defence dealt with him and Mbappe superbly. Great to have Tuanzebe back playing. He’ll be like a new signing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

I didn’t see last nights match and ya, sorry it was the final that they made, not the semis.. I dunno how i managed to forget that. I don’t like PSG one bit but I mean even Liverpool can’t call them crap. You just can’t call a previous seasons CL finalists crap, no matter how bad they just played.

In the CL when we were drawn against them, I think we won the first and they won the 2nd match. I think we might have been drawn against them on 2 different occasions actually? I cant remember but I do remember how well they played. They were technically superior to us, reminded me a bit of Real or something.

I think we edged them in a KO too, maybe the season that we also knocked City out? .. look either way, I tell you this and mean it truly, I don’t want to draw PSG again. There are only a few sides out there that I worry about in Europe. Bayern (everyone should worry about them), Atletico Madrid and PSG. of the 3 I admit, I’d prefer to play PSG but they are on the list.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Ya, there isn’t a thing that i like about Neymar. He always seems to have an attitude problem. Has no team ethic at all, it’s all about him. He’s also the biggest diving, cheating fecker on the planet. He’s the main reason why I can’t stand PSG. He’s just a horrible C U NEXT TUESDAY.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Mak-PSG reached the final only a cple of months ago,where they lost to Bayern.They were crap last night,but United made them paly like that.Neymar and Mbappe were controlled very easy by Tuanzebe and AWB,who were both excellent.MCT and Fred controlled the midfield with an ease,and it wouldnt have been shocking had we scored a few more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Artificial as I see it underneath all the hype and glamour. Neymar won’t change.

Actually pleased for Ole.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Well Mav, Im glad you had a night of enjoying watching your team, it’s been a while for you and as such a humble lover of the game even outside of your club, you deserve it more thna most. I hope you lads can get back on track now, to a point! I’ll never wish a title on you, if we’re still competing but I respect some things about Utd. I miss the rivalry, as Im sure that you missed it from us 10 years ago, and a lot more TBH.

I’m really buzzing about the match tonight. Liverpool are no longer the best team in the world but we’ve still got some magic about us. it no longer spans the entire side, which will cost us results but going forward, we’re as good as ever TBH. I’d pay 20 euro to see Thiago play tonight, no lie.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Real Madrid are pure shite.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 347 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.