Home Community General Football Lukaku

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

I believe critics have been harsh on him and he has done well since joining, yet in my opinion he is not a United striker and most importantly he is not a Jose striker.

Jose attacking style of play is to have a striker who can hold the play and bring others in. He did it with Drogba, reason why Lampard scored so many, again with Milito, reason why Sneijder did well, again with Costa, reason why Hazard did so well and had his first decent season.

Lukaku cannot offer that. Can score a goal here and there, but in terms of anything else, he offers very little or is not good at it. Reason why our attacks can be bland at times compared to Jose’s previous teams. Lukaku just does not have the ability to keep hold of the ball and is not aggressive enough like Costa, Drogba and Milito to be a Jose type of striker.

Jose should have known this when he went for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

An extremely overrated,fat Emile Heskey,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Can play better than his current showing under Mouriniho at United, as shown by his performances for Belgium in WC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          cm
          Participant

Jim, what was his performances for Belgium like? He turned up against the lesser teams and when the pressure was on did not turn up. He failed to score in the knockout stages and only scored against Panama and Tunisia.

I like him, but I don’t think he is good enough for a top team. His first touch is appalling and he is not a Jose style of striker, Jose likes his strikers to keep hold of the ball i.e. Benzema, Drogba, Milito, Costa. Lukaku is terrible at that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Cm, I said a while ago I think he’s doing well. He’s scoring goals. He has everything in his locker to do more. He’s a huge man and should be able to hold up the ball a lot better. He’s quite fast for such a big fellow

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Needs to work on his ball retention imo that’s always been his weakness but he still scores goals. He’s not a player Klopp would sign though moves break down too easily with him which stems the flow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

he does get goals but does he get enough for a man united main striker? 16 in the league last season was not a good enough return. as others have said he also doesnt really bring anything else. if you are there solely as a goalscorer, you need to score more regularly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Hightown hope

Certainly the United fans I talk to here in Manchester by and large have no time for him at all, which surprises me a little. There was one particular game in the WC where he was just unplayable…sorry can’t remember which one…and I remember thinking that if he carried that form in to the new season he’d score a hatful.

The United fans obviously see more of him than I do, so I bow to their more informed opinion, but surely he has all the attributes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Cm I watched Belgium in a couple of games and thought he played ok. Didnt realise he never scored in knockout.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.