Home Community Liverpool Liverpool V Newcastle – Saturday 5:30

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Good to get a Live TV game on a Sat, and even better if we win – that’s the most important thing of it.

We are facing Rafa, ha!

He’ll have a trick or two up his sleeve to try and wear those minutes down and in between those flat periods, try to ‘surprise’ us.

Let’s hope we just keep going with the momentum. I’m sure Jurgen won’t pick who he shouldn’t pick and he knows above all we need to aspire to finishing as high as possible.

A decent 2-0 win to secure 3 points is good enough.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

I predict a 3 nil Liverpool win but it could be even bigger.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Nine, wish I was as confident as you mate on that, nice one.

Every-time I get all revved up, it just backfires on me, and like there’s some dodgy result waiting round the corner.

Don’t know how that could be shaken off. Maybe a radical change in a new top quality Keeper could makes us feel more assured in ourselves.

Cheers

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

4-0

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Was supposed to go the game but flights got cancelled. Absolutely gutted

I think we will win

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Console yourself, Sean, with knowing you won’t freeze your nuts off at the game! Gutted for you though, mate

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Our trio in attack are in fine tune, but Rafa knows how to set up his team.

With that said, he threw a 2-goal advantage last week!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

I have to say that i’m really pleased with the performance and the result. Robertson was excellent once again. The guy is an assist machine. Really nice to see The Gene Gjini on the score-sheet again and salah’s first was mindblowing.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Grrrr: he has brought a Bus!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Ya, jokes aside.. Newcastle are really sitting back here. I mean, Rafa is looking at his team and ours and that’s really the only way they would get a win or draw.

Firmino is extremely rusty at the moment. He’ll have to shake that off as it’s causing a break down in most of our play.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Now that’s a relief 😀 😀 😀

Beat that you Busparkers, hahaha 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Vital save from Karius there before half-time.

We’re getting complacent!

But: Go to go into the break with the lead we wanted – nice.

Let’s just add to it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Get in! Lovely finish by Sadio.

That move looked really at full speed.

Let’s just keep adding and maintain that clean sheet.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I’m just full of plaudits in Klopp’s direction in the way he’s bedded in the Ox.

What a beautiful win-win situation where the player can play the position he’s always wanted to play, but didn’t get that break at Arsenal.

With his licence to play as the pushing central midfielder, Klopp and Can play as 2 supporting midfielders behind the centre circle. The front 3 are positioned more deeper, but really work hard to carve their own passage of play and goal-scoring opportunities.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

A great result. I missed half the match, so I’m actually waiting to see the goals. I have to say, I love how the fans sang to Rafa at the end of the match. That’s true class.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

A nice well-crafted and a professional performance from the Reds.

Very happy to get 6 points out of 6 on home soil where by in the past, those games have turned out otherwise by taking our eye off the ball.

Klopp looks as though he’s finally found his best fit to shoe-horn Henderson, Can and Oxlaid to achieve the optimum out of them whilst adding protection to the defence.

Karius looks a lot more self-assured and that could simply just be down to a well-balanced and disciplined back 4.

It seems the Refs don’t want to particularly give a foul FOR US when associated just outside the box or the box in itself.

Porto next up whereby we could afford a bit of a luxury on team selection, but going forward, Next Saturday at Old Trafford is the key for us and a 6 pointer as far as second place goes.

Plenty of thoughts, but for now, let’s rock and roll and enjoy the win 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

We’ve only lost 1 in our last 20 PL matches. That’s some great form but if you look at our season, you can see the progression. We’re solidifying at the back and we’re playing quick, high quality attacking football.

Before we’d have struggled against a bus, with teams smelling blood even when they came to Anfield. Those days are gone though and even though you can still see that we have some ways to go developmentally, we’re on the right track for sure.

The goal from here is obviously to grab 2nd place but we need to look at where we are now and where we’re heading towards. It will take some more luck and good work int he transfer market but the obvious holes are disappearing. We’re definitely working out the kinks and fine-tuning our system. If we can keep going then I think we might have a shot at challenging for the title next season. I say this knowing that maybe Man City will run away with it again. . but what i mean is that if anyone does put them under pressure next term, I think it might be us.

I don’t mean to rule anyone else out, I’m just being positive about our future under Klopp. There were times when it looked like things wouldn’t go further for us. That we would always be this firecracker team who either blew teams away, or totally blew it in general.

I think Can is insane to be considering leaving this team. Nothing good comes easy but in the few years that Klopp has been here, we’ve been getting better and better. Our front 3 are starting to make waves across the world of football and with some luck, we’ll see them devastate further in the CL.

I’m just going on aren’t I 😛

YNWA

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

And ya, although I missed what I’ve heard from several source was a good performance tonight from Karius, I am pleased to have him prove me wrong. I hope he can keep this up and continue to improve. Ya, the better back 4 in front of him can’t hurt.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Mak, I like both your posts 🙂 🙂 🙂

You’re right about solidity. We’re genuinely on the right track and that’s down to allowing Klopp time to formulate a quality first 11.

Sure, there’s always room to improve, and that’s a good thing.

An acid test for us next week mate. I believe once we see Porto through, we’ll be fully focused and bring our A game.

Yes, you’re right about your thoughts on Man City, and even though in reality we all can accept it’s their League Title this year, I want us to push as high as possible so that we can evaluate the GULF and that would fill FSG with encouragement to take improve us.

Enjoy the highlights 🙂

P.S. All this without little Phillipe haha 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Scouser in exile
                                          Participant

The barcodes were boring and tried to stifle the game but left with what they deserved……….nothing.

Good workmanlike performance, didn’t play that well but ultimately I’m happy with 3 points and a clean sheet, we do look so much more assured with VVD at the back and good practice for all the buses that will be parked at old toilet next week!

YNWA RIP the 96

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.