Home Community Liverpool Liverpool Going Forward

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,992 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Hope purely for just Liverpool in ‘Private’ shared support; Ox played took part unfortunately was in pain but not related to what he’s trying to recover from.

Man it just goes to show one can’t get hopes up – sad for the guy in 3 steps down in 1 step up.

Appreciate fellow support, LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

I plead Ox can return to our First Team Sooner rather than later – hate and in PAIN as a Supporter, the ‘Stop-Start’ and Anxiety. Hate It.

We have to hang in there and just Hope For The Best.

Speedy In Recovery OX – We Love You.

YNWA

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Liverpool Echo.
          Apparently Liverpool and owners pushed the Premier League to look into FFP.
          I Detect a note of panic creeping in. City have said there is nothing to hide to the EPL and that they can investigate as they wish.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-lead-calls-probe-title-14108961

I thought Liverpool would be beyond this. It is the action of the small not the big.
          Then you read about Guardiola agreeing to join Juventus. One Italian journo. But all over the press. The papers laud Rodgers going to Leicester but never tell you about the person.

If it is all true then ok. But if it is not, which I believe, then why? Who is behind this? Why does nobody look at Madrid, Barca, Utds enormous debt Bayern etc. But they look at Chelsea, City, PSG, Milan? I have a good idea? The words status quo come and ownership come to mind. Time will tell. If we have breached a badly constructed set of rules then we should be fined or otherwise. No problem with that. But if we havent……then why?
          City’s response has been that there is an organised attempt to discredit the club. They must, if that is so, have an idea as to who organised. Organised implies premeditated.

What do you guys think when we take away the club bias.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Adders… to me, the whole FFP nonsense was simply designed by the, for the want of a better term, the historical elites to preserve the status quo. For clubs like PSG, City, even Chelsea, to get their nose in the big trough, somebody has to move out the way, and that’s were we’re at. Logic, and that’s all it is, would say look at clubs who have had their noses put out of joint a bit. They’re the ones mozt likley kicking up a fuss.

I will say if any club has clearly broken the rules then they should be punished, but I do think the rules are slightly stupid. I would also say my “stance” on this is slightly hypocritical.

One one hand, I love the new kids on the block with their platinum cards upsetting “old money”, I love that, but on the other hand, every trophy the new kids win has an asterix next to it as in my opinion thay have simply been bought.

I guess being a Spud-lover, I’m just jealous overall, we’ve never been “old-money” and we don’t have a platinum card either…

Best stadium in Europe though… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Reports suggest Ox is due to have a scan, but was taken off yesterday as a precaution and this was related to his hamstring and not his most recent injury.

Hopefully, it’s a thumbs up, but I get the feeling he won’t be rushed into first team action anytime, I just hope I’m wrong.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Adlab, putting aside whether anyone agrees or disagrees with FFP or not those rules are in place and Fenway are on record as saying they were an important part of their decision to invest in Liverpool.

I doubt that Fenway or any of the other American owners of PL Club’s who have allegedly been involved in calling for this investigation after the revelations in Der Spiegel had anything to do with the Der Spiegel revelations and these type of newspaper exposes have been going on for years all the way back to Watergate and beyond and Watergate unseated a US President.

As Pep indicated yesterday you just have to let the investigation run it’s course now if there’s nothing to the Der Spiegel claims City will be cleared if there is they will be sanctioned. Time will tell.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Adlab, on Pep I wouldn’t take ok much notice of the Pep to Juve rumours if I was you he’s contracted until 2021 and I would be surprised if he’s prepared to break that contract or whether Juve would be prepared to pay the level of compensation to allow him to do so even if he was inclined to break that contract.

Tall poppies mate.

You think you’re being picked on but look at Chelsea denied the right to have their sanctions by FIFA held in abeyance until after an appeal despite the fact that Barca, Real and Atletico were allowed that right.

It’s like still hanging a man whilst his appeal is going on!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Nil, it was a horrendous injury best not to rush him back too soon and put him back still further and Liverpool have been going quite well without him anyway. Hopefully he comes back as good as new next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Interesting and unbiased responses. Well done. Note that Chelsea cant appeal in the same way as others. Its the same story. We will be urged on by this nonsense(if it is). Could be the biggest mistake Liverpool owners have made. Look how successful SAF was with his seige mentality!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

I’ll chuck it in here, can’t decide on what thread it should go..

Anyway, an interesting take on “fan-base” numbers, especially those with 590 million fans… πŸ™‚

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/09/european-clubs-asian-fans-premier-league-villarreal-china

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

United should be penalised more than anybody-for the sole reason of signing Sanchez,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Adlab-The United finances are causing you some trouble pal,try and get a life,its far too short to worry.You support City,ffs!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Anyway, an interesting take on β€œfan-base” numbers, especially those with 590 million fans… ? If you are referring to YooUnited,Kylie-get your facts right-its 650m.Lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Bit harsh Mav on Adlab ?????I did wonder how FFP landed on this thread ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Best guide to worldwide fan bases is worldwide football shirt sales.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-here-are-the-top-10-best-selling-football-shirts-worldwide-20170210

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Nil-Not my intention pal,but he keeps bring it up all the time-as if him being a United fan,lol.Its not his club or money,or mine,or anyone elses.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

But if the rumours of Real Madrid offering Β£350m for Neymar are true,I will indeed pack it all in,move to “ Never-Never“-outback of Australia,befriend a few Kangarroos,drink only Fosters,and change my name to Kylie or Danii!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mav, to be fair to Adlab there have been plenty on here me included that have discussed the City FFP situation. You could say exactly the same about that situation as Adlab’s point re United’s debt. All best left to UEFA to decide whether anyone has a case to answer imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

27-True m8,but his/her obsession with United is borderline sick,from the medical of view,of course!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Can’t argue with that Mav after all you are a Doctor.? Actually Adlab’s favourite obsession is Jorginho.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,992 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.