Home Community Liverpool Jordan Henderson

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

I honestly felt he was a figurehead today and really made his presence felt not to mention orchestrating the midfield and providing link up play.

On many other occasions, we don’t see this nor any remote leadership qualities which in turn leaves supporters frustrated.

We do and we don’t get the best out of him

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      dan-mako
      Participant

I agree, he was immense today.

Unlike some though, I am a big fan of Henderson. I think he cops an unfair amount of the criticism when the team does not perform, and does a lot of the 1% plays that get no credit.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Well, the pair of us have definitely not grabbed hold of the wrong tree trunk.

Redmen TV gave Henderson a 9 on ratings – hahaha, fully deserved ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Oz Yob
          Participant

He can pop up with an above average game here & there but overall I think he is a very average player. Putting him as captain doesnโ€™t help the perception of him either, he has no leadership qualities at all IMO. He canโ€™t pick the team up when things arenโ€™t going well, he regularly pulls out of tackles & he doesnโ€™t lead by example. As I said he can pop up with a good game here & there but he isnโ€™t good enough to be a starter for us if we intend to get back as one of the big boys again.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            mwake
            Participant

When we are good henderson can be really good the same way Danny Drinkwater can be good. But he’s not a game changing pkayer that we need when the chips are down…that’s the problem… Keita will solve that problem.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

m wake, all true and supporters have been let down and frustrated (rightly) as a result.

To take a different strand of the argument, yes you’re right. Steven Gerrard’s shoes were huge ones to fill in fairness.

I did genuinely feel Jordan Henderson was more than up to scratch yesterday and that was one of the best of ever I seen from him in his Liverpool career, thus with him being voted a 9.

I like the guy and want to see him succeed – that’s the most frustrating part of it all.

He is maturing, though stepping up to the level of captaincy means you have to take on more. Perhaps Kieta’s arrival could be the synergy in Henderson just focusing on leadership and driving forward attacking play.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

The Ox had his first opportunity to play in place of Henderson. Although I been in more acceptance to Jordan leading out the team and doing his bit on the pitch, as far as quality and effectiveness goes, Wijn for example links better with the Ox like John Barnes and Michael Thomas.

It’s good that this encourages competition, plus the long awaited return of Adam Lallana is not too far away, so a bit of a selection headache it seems for Jurgen, but I’m really liking this alternative set up around the Ox.

Sorry Jordan mate.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  goatistuta
                  Participant

I may rattle a few pool fans here but I donโ€™t get Henderson. Heโ€™s neither an attacking mid nor a defensive one, what is he?? He canโ€™t control games defensively, he donโ€™t have the strength and power and he doesnโ€™t control the attacking 3rd either. He canโ€™t spray it all over accurately and put pin point defensive splitting passes in.? So what is he exactly? He just seems really really average. Sort guys thatโ€™s my view of him

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by goatistuta.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Goatistuta, genuinely welcomed your view point mate and a sound point raised.

I was fortunate to see him recently live and Jordan was just fabulous once placed in the centre circle biased towards the attack. That sums him up. He is good at doubling up or being the back up when it comes to our own half, however, in his DNA, he can’t deliver a wholesome ‘box to box’, say in the example of Roy Keane.

Believe me, Henderson made me split hairs, but I don’t know, since he has turned Captain, and that ability to thread a ball like Steven Gerrard, I’ve taken a liking to the guy and recognize his skills set.

If allowed however, Oxlaid bedding in and owning Central Midfield by making a real impact could cause Jurgen klopp selection problems and potentially, a forced move to drop Henderson.

I honestly could have sworn when he was at Sunderland, he played right-back.

Food for thought.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      goatistuta
                      Participant

Glad you realised I wasnโ€™t havin a pop mate, Iโ€™m genuinely stumped with Henderson, when I watch him for England I honestly shake my head and think really!!! Thatโ€™s where we are as a nation with Henderson in the middle of the park, Jesus how bad we have come. Heโ€™s actually replaced Gerrard and wow, heโ€™s not in the same stratosphere mate, sorry just being honest bro

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Agree entirely Goat. It was always going to be a hard task replacing Gerrard but Henderson isn’t fit to lace his boots imo. He reminds me of Javi Garcia we had playing for us a couple of seasons ago, nice lad but just offers so little to the team. Without doubt Milner would do a much better job in that position. Strange one by Klopp making him captain.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Hightown hope

Henderson on his day keeps Liverpool ticking over as so much play goes through him. Always offers an option and rarely gives the ball away. Many say the reason he doesn’t give the ball away is that he never tries an adventurous searching ball, but that’s not quite fair. He is a regular 6 or 7 out of 10. He seldom has a stinker but conversely he will never change a game for us, like Gerrard was capable of. Hendo would not have changed the game in Istanbul or I’m the Cup Final against West Ham, and it’s fair to say, he divides opinion amongst supporters at Anfield. Squad player at best as no team will ever win a major trophy with Jordan playing regularly.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

He almost had a bit of a stinker in giving the ball away after choosing to pass-back whilst being under pressure.

Why don’t people guard the ball with the bodyweight, use their left foot and being on the left-hand side, use the outside of your foot to turn the ball anti-clockwise? He would not have ran into a Newcastle opponent.

Anyway, my main point of him re-integrating from injury that he plays better behind the centre-circle.

He doesn’t have to break a sweat which suits him, but does what he’s good at doing in being industrious and breaking up play, not to mention supporting the defence – works well with Emre Can.

If Can does go on to leave incidentally, then Kieta I presume will be his instant replacement.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Sorry Nil but I think Hightown called it right back in November “Squad player at best as no team will ever win a major trophy with Jordan playing regularly.”

The reality is mate if Liverpool made Henderson available this Summer not one of the top PL sides would make a move for him he’s a decent PL player but not good enough to be a starter for a team with Liverpool’s ambitions and with Keita coming and Klopp looking to invest further he could struggle for starts next season which would bring his Captaincy into question.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Nine, fair dos mate.

I don’t think Jordan in reality could ever take the responsibility of a full-on box-to-box role – certainly whilst he has the Captain’s armband.

Ox has taken away that pressure because of his desire to play the natural central midfield role. This allows Henderson to take a bit of a back seat and just occupy a particular area of the pitch which suits him fine.

I still believe he is contributing something valuable if it means being the jigsaw piece in-between that supports both the attack and defence.

Cheers

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Henderson is massively operated. Sadly for England he will be on the plane to Russia this summer just because he plays for Liverpool. If he was still at Sunderland where he should still be, no one would even be mentioning his name. There is a distinct lack of good English midfielders these days. With him and the truly bang average Wilshire being talked about. Oh for another Lampard or Gerrard.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    paul powers tash
                                    Participant

You stole my thunder there Big Jim ๐Ÿ™‚ England are screwed if Southgate starts
                                      Henderson and Dyer in a midfield.GS should take a punt on someone like Harry Winks
                                      or Jack Cork at Burnley he’s done okay this season.Tom Davies at Everton looks a good
                                      prospect?

How players get picked (fast tracked) for there country because of who they play for
                                      is unacceptable imho.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

As stated…we have no midfielders of class, it will be like playing withthree men short

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Henderson is getting a lot of stick and I’m not his biggest fan but he’s stillm a half decent player and a useful squad player for Liverpool.

But without Henderson hits a rich vein of form which we’ve yet to see or Klopp works a miracle with him I just can’t see him starting that many games next season with Keita arriving and other players coming in he will struggle to play regularly imo which puts a question mark on his Captaincy next season too.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          cm
                                          Participant

Am I the only one who rates him? Henderson is not the most flamboyant, but he is a hard working player. Look at Liverpools record wothout him in the side recently and their results are not the same. I would have him at United. He is like Fernandinho just a slightly inferior version, sits in front of the back 4 and dictates play. Swap Henderson with Fernandinho and not much will change imo.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.