Home Community General Football Joey Barton horrible treatment towards David Unsworth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just sheer disgrace and in my opinion should be taken off Talksport. Sam Matterface is no angel himself and a grade a ‘See you next Tuesday’. Lots of digs consistently putting down Unsworth on his credentials and his appearance (weight).

Naturally, I’m no Evertonian, but the treatment of this individual warrants an investigation and some form of disciplinary towards Barton.

Treat people ultimately with dignity and respect.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Makes me laugh really, people wh critise managers/players who have never done the job themselves, good luck to Unsworth for giving it a try, I wonder if barton applied for the job and lost out!!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

I read his comments this evening. And to be honest although Barton is not shy of controversey I did wonder if he and Unsworth had some history. They seemed unwarranted. Mind you he struggles to say anything meaningful for more than 5mins. Just disappointed he appears as a pundit on Talksport, surely they could easily have found someone more knowledgeable and less offensive. Trevor Sinclair??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Hand on hearts lads would you want Unsworth to be anymore than a Caretaker Manager if you were Evertonian’s I know I wouldn’t.

Barton is just trying to be a shock joke look at the coverage it’s got him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I don’t think in all my years of following football have I ever seen a co-commentator or a so-called pundit comment repeatedly on somebody’s weight.

Of course, credentials comes in when one is being considered to be employed. But with Unsworth, it’s an interim appointment.

And if he was told or if he wasn’t hired on a permanent basis because of the way he was perceived by his weight, it’s direct discrimination.

The culture of talksport usually comes across as relaxed and informal, but Barton was just outright crude and incessant when commenting on personal appearance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

nb, rightly or wrongly in respect of any appointment how someone presents themselves rules them in or out at interview stage often in less than the first 30 secs.

Unsworth has said he would like the job full time Kenwright would have already appointed him by now but Moshiri is seemingly after catching a much bigger fish and he has the biggest say.

Leicester gave the job to Shakespeare and if proved the wrong appointment Unsworth could go the same way.

If I was an Evertonian I would want the club to appoint the best Manager available. Is that David Unsworth? I don’t think so.

Not great from Barton though but he’s looking to make his name as a pundit and being ultra controversial gets you noticed. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Talksport is a dreadful station now, I think. Regardless of it’s Murdoch connotations, since Colin Murray left it’s just become boring! Alan Brazil, the dinosaur that he is, continues to trot out the same misogynistic claptrap; Jim White I’ve never listened to, he’s bad enough on Sky; Durham and Gough, Mr Controversial and ‘I’m a cricketer, but they’ll never know’, and don’t get me started on Cundy, Goldstein and Mark Saggers. And has any man in the history of broadcasting loved the sound of his own voice like Danny Kelly does? Just how many times over a day can a refereeing decision be discussed. Now I love my football, but even I would get bored.

Hawksbee and Jacobs I do listen to, as their show is different…it’s not just the same old, same old! And I wasn’t even aware that Joey Barton had joined the station! Most of it is tabloid radio aimed at S** readers, prezent company excepted, and no offence meant to anyone on here!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

nil – you have fallen right in to their trap as well. what they want is someone controversial on air who expresses opinions people dont like. then someone (in this case you and i’m sure many others) publicly expresses their displeasure at it which gets people talking about it. other listeners will call in and other people will tune in to see what he says next. trust me, they didnt get barton on their because they like him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    whoisbeni
                    Participant

I agree with much of what Barton says – unsworth was a lardarse thug of a player and how he is supposed to inspire and lead a team of professional athletes is beyond me. I hope they give him the job and that Everton go and enjoy life in the championship.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

Does Unsworth deserve a chance to manage Everton. Probably not having had no managerial experience before. But he has his chance as a caretaker and isn’t doing a very good of it so far. So more than likely wont get the job. I just think that Barton is a complete arseole and would prefer if he left the game completely so I don’t have to listen or see him anywhere.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Jim, spot on.

I’ve no qualms for different opinions, all healthy.

The thing that got to me that it was during an actual live broadcasting of a game on a Sunday afternoon. Probably as a 15/17 year old back in another lifetime, I wouldn’t have even registered a syllable of what Barton (on more than one occasion) pointed out.

I’m actually more annoyed with Matterface for not putting a lid on Barton as ‘the Commentator’.

It’s laughable and wasting my breath essentially on one playground insensitive ‘silly’ human being going out of his way clearly to throw a spanner.

I’ll say this though: I miss and would love for Everton to have back ex players such as David Unsworth, and most definitely, Big Dunc. Haha 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.
                          • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

David Unsworth has lost every game Everton have played under his stewardship and whilst Barton was too outspoken the theme of what he said was correct ie Unsworth wasn’t up to doing the Everton job.

Nobody would get to drive a Ferrari in F1 if they had only been a taxi driver. No offence to my good friend taxi driver now Careworker.

It’s all very well to project nice warm feelings about ex Everton players leading Everton but the reality is if it was our club none of us would want a David Unsworth to lead our club’s.

Thankfully for Everton it’s not going to happen and Everton will go out and recruit the best man available to do the job. The problem with that is the word available and realistically and ideally Everton would wait until the Summer to give them the best choices but they can’t wait and take that chance given the precarious position that they are currently in.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

You don’t insult somebody incessantly during a live broadcasting game. That’s the etiquette. Follow it through like your kind self 999 in explanatory, broken down, regardless of one agreeing or disagreeing, but honestly, not during a live game. That Podcast or rerun is on the Website and I’m certain for anybody new listening in, it comes across sincerely crude like a couple of adolescent teenagers. That was my whole point, not the merit on David Unsworth which clearly has been misunderstood albeit by Jim.

Deary me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I’ve said what I’ve had to said, and people have just riled into me rather than focused on the point, so I’ll kindly leave it there – it was always about the manner during a live broadcasting game in which, circumstances permitted, not everybody regularly can be relaxed in the comfort of their home or in a Pub, or at an actual stadium, or wherever.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

You can offer an opinion nine without having to result to insults. But Barton can’t. He is a twat who never stops reminding you of that fact.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

nb and Jim, from day one I’ve readily agreed that Barton went too far.

But the theme of what Barton said with regards to Unsworth’s suitability for the Everton job was spot on and let’s be honest were City, Liverpool or Chelsea potentially going to be managed by a David Unsworth type we would all be up in arms.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

This isnt team talk nine. Don’t get so defensive ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

I sincerely try and find ‘somewhere else’. Barton is supported on live radio in the manner it was conducted during a live game, heaven forbid. I sincerely don’t know who’s crossed the border of Friday Night Shandys and I’m not taking the mick here.

Seems there’s more of an ego, than somebody objective.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Jim, you’ve lost me mate I just gave my opinion on both what Barton said and the suitability of Unsworth to manage Everton.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

It was during a live game incessantly. Joey Barton emphasized on David Unsworth’s weight, made numerous remarks and jokes of.

It was not really a position to really comment in depth of one’s credentials. He was merely caretaker.

Gosh, this has all gone ballistic.

I really think this is personal as if I had not raised the point and somebody else other than me did, guaranteed it would raise the support. Everything else meanwhile is confirmation.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.