Home Community General Football It’s time

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Lads,

I would like to say this in a manner of admittance, rather than arrogance. I think in some other circumstances, to suggest this you might be seen as acting the clown or counting your chickens, however that is definitely not the case here.

I think it’s been a very tight lipped season so far for most Liverpool fans on this but it’s now time to admit that the PL is definitely going to Anfield.

We have almost all tough games behind us now. We just came through the block of 5 that I’d marked out, with 5 wins and that’s amazing.

The PL is over and we should acknowledge it. I’m talking about the fans of course. Not the players etc. They have to keep fighting and I know they will take every game seriously.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      srd79
      Participant

Quite amazing what Liverpool have done in the PL so far this season. Fantastic, actually. City need to gain more than a point per round from now on to catch you. It can be done, but it’s simply unrealistic.
        Liverpool fans can start celebrating, and it’s very much deserved.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

I would not argue with that Mak…I thought if they get through December, that’s it. Well done Liverpool

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Rather than staking a claim, I am fulfilling a promise. Everyone besides the Liverpool supporters have been saying it’s over for a long time. I feel it’s only sporting to finally agree. I hope that is how it reads.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

Nothing at all wrong with expecting it to happen and showing how happy you are but it’s not actually time until it’s mathematically impossible to be caught. That doesn’t mean I think Liverpool will, but until all other teams are out of the equation I will still just look at the next block of games. Think by toning down my own excitement a little it makes this waiting period a little more bearable!

I will admit, it’s getting closer to time…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

I can’t help wondering how disappointed all the LiberoOol’s on here are going to be when it’s finally mathematically secured and all non-LiberoOol’s are going to be doing there best Vicky Pollard impressions… it’s going to be the most depressing party ever when nobody else shows up!!

(Just for the record, I passed on my congrats about 3 months ago, you won’t be getting any more jelly and ice-cream from me!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

“it’s not actually time until it’s mathematically impossible to be caught.”

I’m not saying you have to conform to my position but I don’t agree. I mean there is that 0.5% chance that we throw it away but 99.5% is good enough for me.

here is our next block of games:

West Ham (A)
                  Southampton (H)
                  Norwich (A)
                  West Ham (H)
                  Watford (A)
                  Bournemouth (H)

Klopp and the players will remain focused and we’ll win all or at least 4 of those. There’s nothing to suggest that we’ll drop points in 2 games but it could happen.

Here are City’s games in that block :

Spurs (A)
                  West Ham (H)
                  Leicester (A)
                  Arsenal (H)
                  Man Utd (A)
                  Burnley (H)

With Laporte back City could definitely win all those but that is not as easy bunch of games. I think they’ll drop points in there.

I get not wanting to get carried away. in 13/14 we jumped the gun and we’ve learned our lessons. Now, it’s opposition fans who have long accepted that the title is going to Anfield. Now, I didn’t agree until the Utd game and felt that maybe some of them were just having a laugh… however, even if we did collapse and City went nuts and won every game, we can’t get the same stick for counting our chickens because everyone was counting them for us long before any Liverpool supporters agreed.

It’s over. We’re faced with chasing records now and as you said, the FA Cup and maybe CL again.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  gjblues
                  Participant

Mak, you’d have had no arguments from me if you’d said that two months ago. An absolute powerhouse season from Liverpool built on pace, commitment, high press (and for the majority of every game), good technical ability, and attack and defend as a full unit. In addition, you have a great manager.
                    Already looking at next season and wondering how the hell do you stop them – Pep will have his ideas but not sure many other managers will. Having said that, having ideas and actually implementing them can be poles apart.
                    Won’t offer congrats until it’s mathematically possible, so no offence meant. But very well done.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

You can get better odds on me winning the lottery and marrying Belinda next Tuesday with Elvis Presley as best-man than you can on LiberoOol NOT winning the title… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

gjblues, Pep will know what to do to get back up there, in fact I bet he gets back on track before the season is out. He’ll have to make a defensive signing though. Pulling Fernandinho out of the position that he’s world class in was an uncharacteristically silly mistake for Pep to make. You guys will definitely push us for the title if he stays. Like you, I wonder who else could. I really hope at least 1 other team genuinely gets up to standard. It would be pretty amazing if it were one of Wolves or Leicester. Who knows, we could see the return of Man Utd, if they get smart and hire a proper manager, let him sign his own players etc (or have a big say).

As for not offering congrats, I mean I’m not running around celebrating the title, just accepting that the odds of us not winning it are tiny now. It’s like if you are 3-0 up with 88 mins gone, you’re in an overwhelmingly commanding position but you keep watching and celebrate when the final whistle blows. I guess the whistle in this case would be the mathematics.

EVERYONE PRAYING FOR WEST HAM TO BEAT US NOW SO I CAN SWEAT!! πŸ˜›

Chucky, you’ll be out to the shops to get your tickets if that happens.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        threeps
                        Participant

Yeah I get all this that’s it’s pretty much over, I’m just not thinking that way until it actually is. If you Mak or any other LFC fan wants to declare it’s over then that’s up to you, I’ll just look at the next few games. To be honest I feel better about looking it that way, kinda like having an amazing holiday booked in a few months but not bothering to think about it till a couple of weeks before.

Not sure if the attached pic has worked, but it shows the games left for the top 3 relative to the league table. City have a few difficult away games whilst showing they easily dominate the lower teams by spanking most of them.

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Understood Threeps. I mean we’re not worlds apart, I am holding celebrations until later. I maybe should have been clearer about that part, sooner.

And yes, the image works. It definitely helps to see it in that form. Our biggest worries I guess are complacency due to us having the better run in and relegation fighting. One might actually combat the other though… but I would be shocked if we were complacent. I don’t think Klopp would have it and the “Mentality Monsters” as I think Klopp titled them (and that the press ran with) are desperate to win every single bloody game. They are just an extremely focused, hungry bunch of lads and they won’t stop until it’s done.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Fook me, as if we needed any more “confirmation” about this!! By far the easiest run-in for the Top 3… the only thing debatable is a) can they match the Goonie record ? and b) will they win it by 30 or more?

Don’t suppose you have one of those charts for the teams fighting out for 4th, do you?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Mak you know me mate ?

I’m with threeps and I’ll never say anything until it’s finally over.

It’s an unreal run we are on at the moment and it’s absolutely brilliant time to be a Liverpool fan and I’m really enjoying

It’s 30 years! It be absolutely huge if we win the pl. the biggest thing to happen to the club in 30 years.

We have had some really Tough times and I’m really just loving watching us all the time

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Sorry, couldn’t resist!!! πŸ™‚

(Not that sorry actually!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    gjblues
                                    Participant

Mak, fully agree re more teams challenging for the title – Leicester and Wolves would be very welcome. Just had a good chat with a Liverpool fan at work and we both agreed that it’s great to win the title by a ‘landslide’ (on one occasion at least) but it’s also good to have some competition right to the end. Winning the title with the Agueroooooo goal, although not doing much for my health, really was the best moment I’ve experienced in football and whenever it’s shown on tv, it still sends a shiver down my spine.
                                      In respect of Fernandinho, lots have said the loss of Laporte has cost us dearly. It has, but equally key, as you pointed out, is the switch of Ferna to CB. Although Rodri has done reasonably well in his first PL season, we lost Ferna’s range of passing – something he, unjustly, doesn’t get much credit for and his innate ability to read a game, which in itself can provide protection for the defence.
                                      We may sign another CB in the summer but Pep, much like JK, won’t make a signing just for the sake of it. The emergence of Eric Garcia and the potential of Harwood-Bellis, I hope, means we don’t need any extra cover in that position now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      gjblues
                                      Participant

Apologies, I digressed somewhat with the second part of that last post – perhaps should have been on the CTID thread.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

im hoping if we have a good summer and Arteta gets backed, has firm targets and is ruthless with current players as well as having time to mould them in to what he wants that we might be a challenge too, so many OFS in that tho especially where we are right now, its going to be an intersting summer all round, as already mentioned city will be and need to be active with ageing players and a shaky defense, certain areas are weak and some players want o go…liverpool having been quietly buying up players already with a view to the long game and i could see little changes except maybe another midfield option in a creative sense, chelsea need to get busy to enhance a youthful squad, we need many outs and a few quality ins, the spuds, who knows?! they need a lot, losing a lot but will and who will if they do, get?! Leicster will want to keep progressing as will everton who will want to back ancelloti then of course the good old red devils, huge work to be done form top to bottom

this summer will really show whos back room DoF or equivalants are good as many players will be identifed by many teams (not even counting the rest of the world!)

which clubs have the ambition, the cash and the negotiating team to get waht they need?!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Realistically I can’t see anything but a two horse race for the PL title next season which of course would be much better than the one horse race we’ve had this season.

None of the Club’s in the top 6 or 7 under Liverpool and City will be strong enough to challenge either for the title from next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.