Home Community General Football Hypothetical…but I just wonder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

How do you think the current England team would go on in the EPL, my guess would be 5/6th

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Southgate wouldn’t have lasted long, that’s for sure.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        FoxyFoxes
        Participant

I think that is a harsh assessment. Remember, one of the big problems with international football teams is they don’t get the opportunity to play and train as a group often enough to gel completely. If you consider that it took Burnley 8 games into last season to win a game that shows you the struggle international teams face.

If the England squad trained and played week in, week out I reckon they could be easily top 4, possibly even top 2 (assuming you’re cloning those players you’re selecting for England from the other teams in the league). I still maintain Gareth is clueless tactically but again, under a team based set-up you would assume he would have more tactically-minded support staff than he does now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Good. points Foxy. not a serious question but interesting comments made and my curiosity made me pop the question

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Rover
            Participant

I would like to see a stat for players that trigger movements which lead to goals cause often a player who is the creator passes to another player who in turn passes to the goal scorer and then that player is credited with the assist. Today’s technology should not be a problem to give more impetus or credit to the playmakers responsible for the main movements. They actually have something like that already but it’s not listed on the main board of stats

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Raver those stats are available, it depends what you use, I use several but Sofia Score goes a bit further with individuals stats.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.