Home Community Liverpool Huddersfield V Liverpool – Tuesday 8pm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a finish from Emre – COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

That is a sweet finish.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Walk in the Park!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

it’s great to be up 2-0 but I’m taking nothing for granted and that isn’t just the typical football BS. The home fans are incredibly supportive at times and Liverpool tend to wilt under pressure, especially from the lesser teams. Huddersfield have already had at least 1 really good chance to score and I think they’ll get more in the second half. I really don’t trust this Liverpool team to hold onto a lead from anyone , so I’m going to say what I usually will , we need more goals.

Delighted to see Firmino get another, each goal only re-enforces everyone’s opinion that he is the striker we needed. Nine, do you remember those discussions/arguments on TT that we used to have on the Liverpool page about this 20 goal a season striker that we apparently needed to sign? I’m sure those people are as pleased to be wrong about him as I am about Salah but I can’t help but have a little laugh about it.

Can scores after I proclaim that we need to send him on a plane to Italy. . but TBH, I will keep that opinion because he hasn’t signed and likely won’t. if he does then fantastic. He is playing like a man who has something to prove and after the last 2 matches, he really does. It’s good to see him try, at least.

There are a number of players that I’d like to see get on the pitch tonight. Van Dijk and Ings being the main ones.

I hope we don’t sit back and try to hold on. If Huddersfield start getting on the ball, the crowd will amp up and we don’t need to be letting them get inspired easily.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

That’s top draw and that’s how you take a Pen.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

You say that saying a lot but it’s “top drawer”. I don’t like to be that guy , so I really am just saying.

Delighted for Salah though. I like the subs we made and would like to see Ings get on and grab a goal also.

Milner MOTM for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Good to finally get a positive result and all 3 points. Swansea and West Brom were just unpleasant experiences to have to muster.

There’s still vivid signs of the defensive as a unit not up to it’s optimum. We’re 3-0 up for goodness sake!

It’s a mentality thing me thinks; Karius’s face says it all. Little bit disappointing in us dropping off that way considering we’re 3 goals to the good. It’s almost as if we’re waiting or expecting to concede any type of goal just to get the monkey off the back.

First time in a long time I personally haven’t felt that much good after winning a game – maybe still wounded from the last 2 results, but we’re back on track and hopefully, we can be in the right frame of mind for Sunday.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  J C
                  Participant

Firmino is starting to make a habit of this look the other way shooting, what a legend haha.

We can’t rely on Can defensively but with a bit of cover behind him he is still a useful player and had a good game tonight. Largely thanks to the work of Henderson and Milner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Normally, I’m not like this, but I thought in relation to the football we played, yesterday was pretty standard stuff. I.e. nothing really new set the light albeit Emre Can’s performance which was first class and a proper ‘box to box’ example.

Huddersfield I felt were too kind compared to Swansea and West Ham.

Our style of attack is predictable and I do feel we have difficulty opening the floodgates as we miss those runs from Coutinho and his ability to cut inside and drive on. Hardly any of our players did that last night.

Mane since Man City has been off the Radar and is struggling for form. It took something ambitious from Emre Can to finally break the deadlock.

I shouldn’t feel down after a win, but I do. I think it’s because of what’s been going on re the Transfer Window with us buying nobody whilst others around us have strengthened and when it’s like that, I hate the window.

The chopping and changing of our Keeper and Defensive unit along with the nervousness towards the end too wasn’t very nice. Karius is filling me with very little confidence and Mignolet too is no different. It’s like they expect and ‘accident’ to happen anytime soon.

We need in the summer to do something drastic and a clean slate with both these Keepers – far too much time and patience exercised and we’re not overcoming the struggles.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Doesn’t VVD at £75m count Nil? ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Can played well, gave it 100% but I’m still not convinced that he’s good enough. He would need to play at this level consistently, which he doesn’t and even then I don’t think he’s quick enough for the role he plays to ever develop into the player we need him to be. Keita is definitely quicker than him and really likes to burst forward on the ball, so I’m looking forward to that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Mak, looked like can was playing wide right st times.

Firmino is one of our most important players now. He has been excellent this season. 20 goals

Another good game from Robertson. It was vital to bounce back after two defeats

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.