Home Community General Football How many goals will Billy Sharp get for Sheffield United?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Genuine question. Looking forward to seeing him in the top division, albeit at a later stage of his career.

Up for selection to my fantasy side so fingers crossed to him and the team… hope they make a right go of it and stay up. Also curious to see how the championship promoted sides progress against the likes of Wolves/ brightons/ Burnley’s of this world. A sticky division for a lot of sides this year.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Tugay is God
      Participant

As an estimate i would say about 8. He’s a bit of a throwback to the time when you could have a lad up front who doesn’t really do much else apart from score (which is obviously a very important thing in football haha). Doesn’t really offer much in hold up play and running the channels etc but knows where the goals is. Strikers these days have to be more than that, especially if playing on their own up top. He reminds me a bit of Charlie Austin.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Sadly probably not enough goals to keep Sheffield United in the PL.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Billy sharp is 34 so heโ€™s getting on

Disagree with Tugay is god. He is very good with his back to goal and is very strong for a small bloke

They will need to manage his game time. Canโ€™t see him scoring to many

I listen to Teamtalk the other day and it winds me up the lack of knowledge Alan Brazil and others have. They were talking about sheff utd back 4 when they play a back 5.

Chris wilder has done a great job there. Iโ€™ve watched them a lot over the years. Two solid Irish players in Egan and Stevens. Mcgoldrick os getting on but not a bad player.

I really hope they stay up but itโ€™s a huge task.

Great topic 442

Iโ€™ll be surprised if sharp gets 6/8 goals and I only think that as he wonโ€™t start all the games

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

I think Norwich will go down mate

Villa have bought well going by reports but itโ€™s some amount of players to integrate in

Really think Brighton will go down aswell. Very surprised they let knockart go to Fulham on loan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

I think Villa should just about be Ok Sean but you’re right about the problem of intergrating so many new players.

I fear for Norwich and Sheffield United and Newcastle look a bit vulnerable maybe Palace too if they sell Zaha as well as well as potentially Brighton.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Just wanted to reiterate what Sean said 442. Great topic and good to see you posting on here hopefully we’ll sees bit more of you this season. Cheers999

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

4+4+2=10-Keep posting mate,good to have you.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Ye nine. Newcastle are in for a difficult season

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Mr sailor, I’d really like him to do a Ricky Lambert, Think I’ll put him down for 12 league goals.. optimistic, but, I just think, even at his age, he’ll surprise some defenders, been cracking in the lower leagues and im hoping he does a Ricky Lambert and has a late Autumn to his career. Would be a great fairytale to keep the blades up. Chances are he’ll probably be upstaged by their new ex Bournemouth man. Lys Mousset is the one to watch for me from Sheffield United. Think his pace will cause problems for teams if he can take the chances…

So out of the other two promoted clubs. Will be amused to see Henry Lansbury play in the premiership. Should have probably played at the top level before now for longer. really doubting he’ll get much game time but used to watch him at forrest and I thought he was class there. Then there is Grelish… He needs to have a stand out season imo.

Would like Hughes at Watford to have a good season… Chalobah to get back to playing again, a very good player… Going to put a fiver Salah to grab a hatrick in the opener against Norwich and that might dictate their season as I dont see goals among their frontline…

but I really think that last season was a pointer to how sides will fair this year. I do reckon the gap will close between the top four and ten and there’ll be a bigger cut off from ten down to the last club. two leagues this year more so than last.

Also, pretty excited to see if this Mason Greenwood chap is as good as his gaffer thinks. Be Interesting to see how Marcus Rashford gets on with some real pressure and how United will use pogo and Lukaku should they stay.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Genuinely liked Billy Sharp and still a fan of him. And wanted him at Pool. He was about goals nothing else and he’s an old-fashioned type of footballer you just stick in the box.

442, hope Sheffield United stay up as I’m longing for more Yorkshire based Football Clubs in Top Flight, as I don’t feel Top Flight composition of Teams of Representation reflect England as a Map and a Geographical POV, but that’s just my own personal view and how I see things, though with that theory, the less Midlands teams, the better!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

Mr. Balance, for someone who lives in the midlands you seem to have a real downer on it, is there a specific reason for it???….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

442, Lansbury didnโ€™t get much of a look in under smith last year. I think itโ€™s because of that haircut ?

Ye I like Grealesh. Very interesting to see how he gets on mate.

Huge season for Rashford as it looks like heโ€™s utd first choice centre forward. I think he had everything to be world class. Just needs to start taking his chances and getting high figures in the league. He could really shine this year

Tammy Abraham aswell. Number 9 shirt now at Chelsea

Really think Leicester can do well if they lose maguire. Perrera is an excellent right full. Chidwell not bad either and Maddison pulling the strings.

If Everton get Zaha and mean from Juve it be massive for the club

I really think we will some real movement in the market in next days

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Mr Pagan, just caught your comment now.

The reason purely is down to something that was discussed on my local BBC Station on what constitutes to home being your home.

The reason why I don’t have a high opinion on Midlands in general is purely no the place and the community that I grew up. The Inner City has changed for me. It’s become a Rat Race and I want to live somewhere quiet now and out in the sticks.

As for the teams themselves, don’t really have any affiliation or any attached liking to Leicester. It’s just the place I live and being brought up in.

I find teams like Villa, Derby and Coventry bland and boring.

I want to see other geographical areas, just for a change.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

Mr. Balance, thereโ€™s plenty of options round Leicester to move out of the city yet still be close enough not to make the commute in prohibitive.

I live sort of midway between the three larger cities in the East Midlands, I think itโ€™s a great place to live. Obviously Iโ€™d love to live in the Peak District, Lakes, West Coast of Scotland or North Wales, but I also need a job.

Sometimes you have to take the plunge and make a move, for you that probably means stretching yourself a bit financially, and it is daunting when you do it, but weโ€™ve all had to do that, in order to make life that little bit better in the long run.

Chin up mate, thereโ€™s far worse places to live than Leicester….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

The football leagues most prolific striker keeps on scoring…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Ye great to see 442 mate

Only on as a sub aswell

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Hopefully stays fit and gets many more minutes. One to keep an eye on for me in that side is Deann Henderson in goal loaned from united. DDG’s replacement next year? Will he do a Pickford?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.