Home Community Man Utd Glazers to consider sale of the club

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Years and years of protests might eventually prove to have had the desired effect. Fingers crossed this means we’re finally getting rid of those leeches. Hats off to the fans who have never given up through good and bad times.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Rumours the Glazers want £6bil! So remains to be seen if a sale is a likely option. Such a small pool of people who can do something like that. Fingers crossed it’s not an oil state, that’s all I ask.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

Interesting both American owners looking to pull out at the same time from Liverpool and Man Utd. Revenues peaked? Super league scrapped (for the foreseeable future)? Time to cash in?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Indeed Mikus. I think the difference with the Utd story is that the club have actually mentioned the word “sale” albeit amongst a list of options whereas Liverpool haven’t actually used that wording yet despite the Athletic going strong on that story.

The great thing about this story is that it completely diminishes the Ronaldo story. The timing isn’t a coincidence IMO.

I’m under no illusions that this is all positive. We could end up with much worse owners, as could Liverpool but getting rid of the Glazers after all the years of protests is certainly a prospect to excite Utd fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Has Radcliffe denied it yet? 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Yeah he’s no excuse now Chucky. Let’s see whether or not the fact we weren’t “for sale” was what was stopping him previously. I suspect he/Ineos might be priced out of a move regardless.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Allegedly the Glazers want over £5 billion and big money needs to be spent on OT and the training ground too not forgetting the team.

Does Ratcliffe the dream ticket for most United fans have that sort of money available or will he have to partner up? Otherwise the likely option might be another American investor who will ultimately be looking for a return.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Or his full of the brown stuff, Sweddy, can’t wait to hear his excuse… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Nine, I’d be hugely concerned with any owner who doesn’t seek a return on their investment and worry about their ulterior motive. No issue at all with any potential owner wanting a return. It’s mutually beneficial that an owner wants to grow their investment and invest in the club. The leveraged buyout and dividends payments are what the fans ultimately want to see the end of as well as actually investing in the infrastructure beyond the playing staff.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

I think Mikus raises a very good point.

We know the money in football has reached ridicoulus proportions, with the introduction of “soverign” owned clubs, and with the apparent lack of a Super League (although I don’t think that has completely gone away, if I’m honest), it’s time for those who were looking for a return to cash in. Doubly so when you realise those “investors” aren’t going to see much of a return if they try to compete with the “soverign” clubs…

It might be painful for a few clubs, but perhaps this might be the start of a little “collaspe” in the financial side of football, but I do think this would be better for the game in general…

Anyway, speaking of mental owners, anybody else watching that “Welcome to Wrexham”? Deadpool seems very unsure about what he’s actually doing (saying all the right things though) but Rob seems to be a lot more involved emotionally… well worth a watch for sure if you haven’t!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Understand that Ed problem is with these changes of owners you never know what you’re going to get and how well they will get their heads around the football side of things.

Sometimes it’s better the devil you know. Abramovich had no option but I don’t think we’re currently in a better place.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Interestingly United have appointed the Raine Group who oversaw the Chelsea sale.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

There we go Chucky. Still, could all be a play for the cameras admittedly

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

He’s PR team are already writing the “I made what I thought was a reasonable and realistic offer but, unfortuantely, the Glazers and I were just too far apart in our respective valuations. I will remain, as I always have, a fan of the club and I wish Kim Jung-Un all the best a he takes this glorious club on it’s new glorious journey!” press realease already.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

“BREAKING NEWS: Sir Jim Ratcliffe will bid for #mufc after the Glazers formally put the club on the market. ”

Jim Ratcliffe is the dream ticket for United fans and he bid £4.5 billion for Chelsea.

I guess it will depend on the price that is set for a sale some are predicting the Glazers wanting circa £8 billion and the costs involved in revamping OT and the training ground as well as the investment needed in the team certainly it will require even at circa £5 billion significant funds and there are suggestions from some of the media that the whole package may be beyond Ratcliffe?

If I was a United fan if Ratcliffe could make it happen he would be the one I would want.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Nine, hit on the nail. I’m led to believe a lot of re-investment needed towards effectively refurbishing OT, and the likelihood of Ten Hag needing new player signings.

What about too the servicing of the current debt?

Not to be rude to United fans, but who’d touch this with a bargepole the way things are? Certainly at those figures quoted (6 Billion). It just looks like to me a ‘fashionable’ thought by the Glazers jumping on the bandwagon in light of FSG’s recent decision.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Had to laugh at one report I just read, some “expert” explaining that the new owners need to do 4 things when taking over YooUtd, re-furbish the stadium, re-furbish the training ground, invest in new players, and get the fans onside… which in my mind is just about everything possible, isn’t it? What else is there?? 🙂

Anyway, with two of the three most prestigious clubs in Engerland up for grabs, I somehow expect neither owner is going to get close to what they want… the only people interested from an investment point of view is very obviously play one against the other and go for the best price, or you have “fans” who will want a decent discount “becuase I’m a fan, honest gov!”… somehow I don’t think either club is actually going to be sold, not for years… a much more realistic scnerio will be a flurry of clubs on the market when the bubble burts and everybody is trying to get rid of it before they become worthless…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Putting the collapse of the ESL to one side which I’m sure was a disappointment to the Glazers I think the Glazers decided that a lot of money needs to be spent on the Stadium, the training ground and the team and they didn’t want to do that hence the sale.

You wonder if the sales of both Liverpool and United will conflict with each other it won’t with someone like Ratcliffe but it might with potential Middle Eastern and American purchasers.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

Nil, you need to take paper reports re the valuation with a large pile of salt 😄. There’s been everything from £4b right up to £9b. As for Utd “jumping on the bandwagon” following the Liverpool reports, the stories of the Glazers preparing for a sale date back significantly before the Liverpool report came out. I said on here when the Liverpool reports came out that it may well speed up things at Utd (as that was already reportedly on the cards) and that’s exactly what’s happened IMO. It’s less about jumping on any bandwagon and likely more about not wanting to miss a potential buyer who is in the market for a big club.

Any talk about numbers is pure guess work at this stage.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

The Ratcliff stories are nice to read as a fan. It really is the stuff of dreams to get an owner who is a fan of the club. He was there in 99 for the CL final and from the area. Has a strong record in running sports teams too. That said, I think most Utd fans are more than aware that Ratcliff got his fortune from being smart with his money, not from chasing projects that were close to his heart. The only way he’s getting the club is if he pays more than anyone else and I don’t think he’s the kind of person to put personal feelings ahead of business sense. I think his intentions are genuine but I don’t for a minute think he’ll succeed because there’ll be people willing to pay more than him who have more money than sense.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.