Home Community General Football Gameweek 7

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

We shall have to wait in due course what will be announced from the FA. As Friday’s sporting events have all been called off in light of the Queen’s sad passing.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

It is taking them long enough Nil to make a decision, as usual….thinking of the pennies again!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

I think all games this weekend are likely to be postponed. The Premier Leagues problem is where they fit the postponed games in with the schedule already packed due to the World Cup.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

I think it’s more the lack of available spots, in an already packed schedule, to move the games to Brian.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Agree with everyone. Unfortunately, the complexity of this is where to accommodate this game. It could be just parked to one side and be scattered with an extra week played going into May.

In essence, it’s probably better to call off the programme as a mark of Respect at the very least.

Brian, yes. Unfortunately, there may be the thought of selfishness and greed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Interestingly, there’s no Sky Sports News, but just diverts to Sky News.

No regular Television programmes on the main Terrestrial channels too. All day it will be like this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

There will be a desire by the PL to show respect to the Queen any postponement has to be agreed by the Club’s.

Personally I think the games should be postponed the problem is once postponed how does the Premier League fit the rescheduled games into an already jam packed schedule because of the World Cup.

I hope and think they will be personally I’ve got no appetite for football at the moment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

Also depends when funeral is as no games that day too you’d imagine so could make it worse again

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Confirmed:

“The Premier League and English Football League have postponed this weekend’s round of fixtures following the Queen’s death on Thursday.

The news comes after Queen Elizabeth II’s passing on Thursday, with the country now in a state of national mourning.

In a statement, the Premier League said: “At a meeting this morning, Premier League clubs paid tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

“To honour her extraordinary life and contribution to the nation, and as a mark of respect, this weekend’s Premier League match round will be postponed, including Monday evening’s game.

Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, said: “We and our clubs would like to pay tribute to Her Majesty’s long and unwavering service to our country.

“As our longest-serving monarch, she has been an inspiration and leaves behind an incredible legacy following a life of dedication.

“This is a tremendously sad time for not just the nation but also for the millions of people around the world who admired her, and we join together with all those in mourning her passing.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

I’m in split minds as the matches could have gone ahead with a very special tribute pre-kick off time. On the other hand, it probably wouldn’t feel right at this moment in time to carry on, so one of them…..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

The right decision.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Absolutely Mikus.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

Why cannot the season be extended a few days? Or a week

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Disagree to be honest. The queen loved sport and West Ham fans did a great job in honouring her last night.

If funeral is next sat then the ganes will be rightfully cancelled which leaves the pl two weeks behind and no pl football until October. Internstional break week after next. Be more moans about fixture pile up

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Have to say I agree with Sean and that doesn’t happen all that often. Why not use the biggest possible stage to honour her memory?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Really is a catch-22 and I can see the plus sides of both side of the argument. Personally, I think it’s better to postpone this weekends fixtures, and let everybody have a nice sing-song next Saturday ready for the funeral on Monday. Playing this weekend just doesn’t feel right somehow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

“West Ham fans did a great job in honouring her last night.”

They did indeed Sean.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

“Playing this weekend just doesn’t feel right somehow.” 100% agree Chucky.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

My Mum and I had a chat earlier and she gave me a different slant re Charles and him facing the public with the greetings of the public, smiles and him being crowned King which I thought was a bit sudden, but she explained why and fair enough.

I’m just more to the attitude of the games really should have gone ahead and pay tribute. I 100% believe she herself wouldn’t allow the country to be grinded to a halt.

The Football should have gone ahead. I’m hoping midweek games will. For some people, it’s something they look forward to come the weekend. I’m in the minority, but that’s my belief on this matter.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

It’s not about what the Queen would have wanted nil, it’s about the respect she is due. It’s amazing to see that she is a unifying figure even in death. Whatever arguments were ongoing the Queen was above it and stood for unity. That’s why we are united in our respect for her now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.