Home Community General Football Game Week 8: Back to Reality (thankfully!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Right then, part II of a broken up season starts again this weekend, with a huge rush of games for everybody…

A nice NLD with the added bonus of being a key game in the “Race 4 2nd Place” to kick things of, an acid test for both teams and too close to call… so 5-0 Spuds it is!

Wins for Chelsea and Pool, and a Manchester Derby to watch with your Sunday roast, smart money is on City, but a good test for the other half, one swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

Will need to see who comes back fit for both but could go either way bring a derby

Hopefully we can emulate that ladies who stuffed spuds 4-0 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

We’re both playing well enough to have the “confidence” to expect a win… (so a draw it probably will be, and something I wouldn’t overly sulk about!)

Hoping we go with a 3-5-2, injuries permitting…

Hugo
          Cuti/Dier/Lenglet
          Kulu/Hogde-Podge/Bentacur/Bissuma/Perisic
          Son/Kane

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Two stonking games both on TV starting with the NLD on Saturday with the Manchester derby on Sunday. What a comeback.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Away at the Etihad? Can we have International football back please? NLD tough to call. Fancy Arsenal by the odd goal

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Thank Christ the football is back.

Fancy Arsenal to beat spurs. See how far utd have come on Sunday. Really tough game.

Some great games on

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

ED..City have to slip up sometime, it should be a good game and hope Pep gets his tactics right

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Bluemoon
                  Participant

Very difficult to choose your preferred game when most of them are on at the same time Saturday afternoon. I think the Spurs/Arsenal game and City/United games will be watched by millions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Ed…I hope it is a good game on Sunday, City are not settled yet as a team but I hope we just pick the right team endplay well. Utd are improving and I will be interested how they approach this, I think you will test us and play an attacking game but you will need your defence to hold throughout. We will loose at some point, just hope it is not this game!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Utd won’t attack brian. Ten hagg has totally changed his principles to get results after a bad start. No problem with that. Get the results on board and build confidence then when you build your team, play the way you want.

Passing out from the back has stopped and decided gea boots it forward. Pragmatic approach at the moment.

Spurs have been awful to watch but again getting results. Big test for them today

Arsenal really have been good to watch but I still have my doubts about them. Defence and Kepler not good enough but they really do play some good football

Hoping for a good result and performance from Liverpool to really get going now

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

City look pretty settled to me Brian. As Sean says, Utd still some way off a typical Ten Hag team, which is understandable given the team he inherited. Trying to play the Ajax way with a side built to counter attack would have been suicide and I like the fact Ten Hag realises that and adapts. I think you’ll see a gradual change in our style as we get more used to his instructions and as we bring in the right players. De Gea is never going to be effective in a Ten Hag team and forces us to sit deeper than we’d like.

You can see parts of that Ajax way creeping in, though. We create overloads on one half of the pitch then switch to the other side often where there is lots of space. Arsenal a prime example of what we’re seeing with Utd. They play some good stuff now but were a very defensive team under Arteta to begin with and built gradually, becoming more assertive and ambitious as the right players were brought in.

Eriksen has been our best signing for a long time. Such a clever player and so calm on the ball. Martinez has surprised me too. Was fantastic against Liverpool. I still have a feeling Antony will flop but hope I’m wrong. Varane has been brilliant alongside Martinez. Such a clever defender.

City are just superior all over the pitch, though, Brian. I think Robbie Savage picked a City XI in his combined team and I’d have to agree with that at the moment. Even if we lose, I just hope we can compete and it isn’t a humiliation after the game at OT last season. I’d be very content with a narrow defeat but one where we at least matched City and had chances to take something. Looking at the calendar, this is never a game where you expect to get much, certainly not at this stage of a new manager’s tenure.

Let’s hope it’s an exciting one Brian!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Big test for Martinez tomorrow v Haaland if he comes through it United have a chance.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

I like Martinez. Absolutely ridiculous writing him off after two games. He cares. He gives everything and has a lovely left foot. I think most defenders are going to find Haaland a real problem. Unreal player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Ed and Sean..you are too pessamistic, I think Utd can catch us out, we are not that great defensively but midfield and attack are still our strengths and I do not think we have settled yet as a team. I would like Laporte back but this may be a game too early and he will probably use him against Copenhagen on Wednesday. Foden and Mahrez need to up there game a little or I would put Alvarez straight in. I think it will be a good game, Mancunian fervour will see to that, it is great to have two Manchester teams showing capabilities again

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Wow! Just Wow!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Has to be the best start to a campaign for years from the Gunners.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Bluemoon
                                    Participant

Keeper could have done better with that rather poor attempt but a nice technique shot.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Of all the Goonies, it has to be that one who scores…

Anyway, need to get Sonny charging at White a bit more, really surprised they haven’t tried that a bit more…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

That’s a PEN!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

And that’s a GOAL!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.