Home Community General Football Game Week 3 – The Tale of Two Bookends

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

It’s like it’s never been away…

Only two games of major note, the early kick-off between the Spuds and Wolves, with the world wanting to know if the mighty Spuds can bounce back from their disappointing two points dropped from last weekend, and the last one on Monday, which has to be one of the most interesting 3rd games of the season ever. Can YooUtd make it 3 from 3? Will LiVARberoOol drop more points in the title race? Will Erik Ten Weeks become Erik Two Weeks?

Oh, and another Dodgy Money Derby on Sunday…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Thankfully God punished romero retrospectively and he is out. Also heard wolves have had someone in to shave their players heads as safety precaution 😆

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

What?!?! Cuti not playing?!?!? Bugger…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

According to conte bud

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Karma for Romero.😊

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

Nine,

Mike Dean has apologised for not referring it to Taylor.
                He said “having spoken to friends and family that have hair, it has become clear to me that pulling someone to the ground by their hair is in fact violent conduct. I will strive to remember this lesson and apply it in every game moving forward”

He also says family members who do have balls took the initiative to also advise him that a kick in the balls is violent conduct too, and so he has has promised to refer such incidents to on field ref in future also.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Lucky, I enjoyed Paul Merson’s assesment of the incident.

“Finally, the refereeing in the London derby last weekend simply wasn’t good enough,” he said in his latest Sportskeeda column. “A million ex-Premier League footballers are not working at the moment – put them in the VAR office! I know referees are trained to do their jobs, but they haven’t played the game and have been guilty of making several wrong decisions over the years.

“How can you let hair-pulling go because it isn’t specifically condemned in the rule book? There isn’t a rule that says you can’t shoot someone on the football pitch, but that doesn’t mean it’s allowed?” 🤣🤣🤣

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Karma for Cuti?? LOL!!!! We’ve obviously all forgot about the “Barnet’s” stamp on Cuti in the first half that started that little ‘battle’ in the first place… I think I’m going to have a pull my “whine-like-a-little-bitch” card out the deck now and play it every 20 minutes… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Lol, we’re doomed. Manchester United 2 Liverpool 1

We can still win the league even being 7 points behind 😀 !

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

It’s a really interesting game on Monday I can’t see a utd win but it’s not as though it would surprise me if they somehow did. Hopefully if the fans of the other teams on here get the results we want we can really sit back amd enjoy that one on Monday 👍

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

No disrespect to Utd, but they’re even more open than last season. So if we don’t get a result on Monday, we really do have a big problem. And with a lot of his time spent with the players so far coaching them his way, is Ten Hag really going to change and adapt a lot for the game?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

I wonder how utd will play? Surely won’t set up as they did vs Brentford. Thoughts Ed? Who is your team? Martinez at DM possibly?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

That’s what I’m wondering mikus, how will ten haag adapt for this one.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

You’d think he will have to adapt to some extent Lucky after the first few games. But you’d imagine the bulk of his coaching so far has been to play like they have been, so to suddenly change all that is difficult and not ideal for the players. Maybe they won’t play at the back so often, so do they just defend more & play on the counter? Not ideal to re-adjust to that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Chucky, the whole of the football world has confirmed Romero as the aggressor, the officials didn’t do their job that’s now been admitted and Spurs came away with a very fortunate point. Kay Serra Serra.

But of course we’re whining Chelsea always beat (Spurs 4 times last season) it’s a tradition!😊

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Luckydestiny
                                  Participant

The thing is mikus, to be fair to ten haag his squad isn’t balanced to play any way really effectively and so it must be difficult. You would think despite that a more conservative approach would be better especially against pool.

no one expects a utd win except nil though 😆 Is that a good sign for you or bad?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

I think Monday’s game is unpredictable I can see United sneaking a win but I can also see Liverpool thumping them. Can’t call it.😊

Let’s hope it goes ahead and it’s not postponed due to the Anti Glazer protest.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Fair enough, Puppy, we’ll all agree that the agressive Cuti got away with a hair pull in the 95th minute and ignore the blantent stamp in the 9th minute by the innocent haircut… that’s fine with me!! We’ll play along with the poor little team-that-can’t-be-named deflective narrative.

https://twitter.com/DanielleSpur/status/1558877711573176320/photo/1

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Chucky. trying to claim some sort of justification for the hair pull incident doesn’t reflect well on you.

When something like the hair pull incident happens as fans I think we all have to admit our player was in the wrong and there is no justification just like the Suarez biting incidents. Let’s leave it there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

Lucky, yeah reports suggesting Martinez has been trialled at DM this week although other reports suggested Varane coming in for Maguire and partnering Martinez. Don’t think it matters how we set up in this one to be honest 😄. I resigned myself to the fact it would be 3 games, 3 losses from the first goal going in against Brentford. Already looking at Southampton next week.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.