Home Community General Football Game week 10

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

The stand out game is Liverpool v City live on Sunday.

Brentford v Brighton live tonight. Spurs v Everton tomorrow evening could be interesting.

Sunday sees Chelsea away to Villa which could be tricky following a CL away game in Milan but hopefully not.🤞

Leeds v Arsenal and United v Newcastle could be interesting.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Always sure of a good game Liverpool v City. have no idea how this will finish

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

With our leaking defense and Haaland effectively a beast of a machine, on Paper it looks like a 5-0 mauling (at the very least). We need EVERYONE to bring their ‘A’ Game. Toughest Test so far.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

I’m terrified of de bruyne and haaland nil! Such a brilliant partnership with all the quality around them too.

Can never rule pool out at home to anyone, but considering respective form and the players you have out, I think the 11/4 odds on pool win is about right. Certainly odds on for city as the bookies have it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Luckydestiny
            Participant

Newcastle vs utd looks very even now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Lucky, you probably have more confidence than myself. It’s interesting because over the years, we’ve fielded (when the head to heads were on against the dominant force in Man United) teams that were no where near the level of Klopp’s and somehow came out with 3 points; even scrapped draws.

The obvious stand out right now is form, confidence and our dynamics. Every position really is nowhere near the level it was last season challenging on all fronts. We are more like the season before. We don’t want to have to rely on a miracle from Alisson to wing our way to 4th place.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Robertson still not available. There is no way Klopp can place Milner at right-back so Gomez it shall be and Tsimikas once again on the left.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Nil….City have problems also at the back. No Walker,Stones, Gomez, Philips still out, Laporte only 90 minutes league time since injury. Has Salah found form??? The player I think that could damage us is Firminho I would like to see us play 2 up front not three but Pep will go with three. Whoever controls midfield the likely winner in my opinion but shooting boots on also

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Brian, I do appreciate where you’re coming from reference to Man City’s defense. However, I truly see a genuine plethora of quality and in form of midfield and attacking players. Rhodri; KDB, Gundogen, Foden, Bernardo. Of course too, a certain beast of a machine in Haaland.

7-2-lost nothing underneath a current 8-0-lost 1 in Arsenal.

Liverpool are Worlds Apart with a sorry 2-4-lost 2. We would need a real Bulldozer of Victories to turn around our fortunes. We lose this match at Anfield, and we really will be Crestfallen.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

That was a turn up for the books? Certainly didn’t see that coming although on a Friday Night, Brentford Community Stadium can rock up one atmosphere when their fans get going.

You can’t take any opposition for granted and have to give them and the players the respect.

I fear for Phil Foden tomorrow; absolutely Gem and I’d have him in my team in a heartbeat.

I’m not negative, but realistic in saying tomorrow will be difficult because our players are not in their peak form we’ve been used to seeing. Our original front 3 dismantled as with our back 4. The midfield is ageing, so I suppose one could argue we are in a mini transition. These opposition players really deserve the plaudits. Ultimately though, we ourselves need to stand up and be counted.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        threeps
                        Participant

Normally I would be fairly confident and excited going into a game against City especially at home but not this time. Our heavy metal pressing style especially roared on by the Anfield crowd was a krptonite to Peps tika taka but that has sadly gone.

An aging midfield will be part of the problem but this has been a lengthy transition to a possession style that for some reason Klopp has decided on. I believe the signing of Thiago was the start of it, and whilst an exceptional player he is the wrong one for us. You can also see this change in tactic with TAA moving central to utilise his passing ability but that causes major issues when possesion is turned over and players cannot cover. Doesn’t help that Thiago and Fabinho sprint like old grannies these days!

I was against the signing of Nunez from the beginning as he was the wrong one for our team and nothing has happened to change my mind. He will not work in a 433 pressing team and we will not beat City without that pressing. He also takes up space that Salah would normally attack, again something I mentioned at the start of the season only to be told I don’t know what I’m talking about.

We seem to be a team caught between two styles with some players suited for pressing and some for possession. Result is we are not the team we once were with no fluency or intensity.

4-0 City tomorrow and some serious questions being asked at Anfield.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

I wish Haaland FC fans would stop bleating on about “injuries”… not like they just won’t go out and buy more players anyway, is it? 🙂

LiVARberoOol has possibly the best “punchers” chance than anybody else in the League, and nobody can say fir certain, but I suspect if these game was played 10 times, Haaland FC would win 9 of them… personally the only debate is how many Haaland FC will score…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

I must be weird, stark raving mad or both! Or quite simply a football fan. I actually want Tottenham to win today. Not because to spite Everton, but I genuinely fancy the ideal of a 3 horse race.
                              Realistically, it’s the Blue Manchester to take all and deservedly so being the best team, but I want the Londoners to give it a good go. I think for Arteta, he’ll fall short though on depth and possibly a combination of injuries and experience although I would use this season with pure conviction and a marker to push for all majors the season/s after.
                              Tottenham kind of a similar scenario in building blocks. Levy must stick with Conte and trust him to generate more depth in quality – investment needed.

I am sorry for being negative, but unless Liverpool start pulling out results, the competition I see already is tough, and we’d be hard pressed fighting for a place in Europe let alone anything else. We’ve have a very good journey and experience though over these last 4/5 years. Let’s not forget that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Chucks, to my knowledge mate, there’s 3 City players currently on the list. 2 of which are Walker and Stones. Other than that, a clean bill of health. They’ve got the best depth, quality too and with emphasis, the best midfield that can easily turn around a 2 goal deficit.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

three ps, on your post it got me think having viewed one of Liverpool’s recent meetings with City (3-1 at Anfield) the season we finally won the title and even though that was 2019, maybe 3 years of time we take for granted and perhaps overlook in relation to how players can dip in form/quality, and age.

Fabinho back then for example, and Fabinho now; lukewarm. Henderson is definitely a big question mark. This area has been hampered with injuries and an argument/case we can put forward with justification.

Something has been lost re the Heavy Metal football. We were more gung-ho. I think that’s down to a combination of reasons but the obvious stand-outs for me were losing Coutinho, most recently Mane, and collective efforts from players of different playing positions.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Well, that game was about as much fun as a 4 page debate about 3 oclock kick-offs… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Didn’t count ’em, Nil, just saw BB’s “Oh, wo is me!” injury list… sure there was at least 5 names there…

I, too, would love a 3 horse race, but unfortuantely 2 of the horses only have 3 legs… both Norff London teams will fade over the course, and drop points after Christmas I reckon… still fancy Haaland FC to win it by at least 12 points over the rest…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Chuky…the one thing I do not do, is make excuses for injuries, we have them like any other team and if we loose at Anfield I will not blame injuries and Liverpool would have been better team to win. Little difference between Haaland F c and Kane F.c…except I would have rather had Son at City than Kane. All a lot of nonsense. We also do not need any players because some good youngsters coming through now, hopefully young Gomez will learn from his Red card last week

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

We’ll see, won’t we, BB, during the next transfer window! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Hopefully I’m wrong but this one could be turgid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.