Home Community Liverpool FSG: Just Go

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Saviour yes, but 7 years of your ‘ownership’ and we are currently trying to ‘manhandle’ protecting a bloody lead. What a joke!

What’s you vision?

Do you EVER in life want Liverpool Football Club to win a League Title, or will it forever just be Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Man City. Bloody rubbish.

When it comes down to it, Anfield was purely and simply a Library tonight and we should purely and simply be up for these type of games. There is no ’12th man’. We have to suffer of Seville, largely because of their 13th man!

We show too much respect I feel when it comes to visiting teams. Rubbish, absolute rubbish and we should have NAILED ALL 3 POINTS.

Bloody and silly football depression, because of being shortchanged.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Careworkerlfc
      Participant

Are FSG really to blame for the lack of atmosphere in the ground on a Match Day Nil. I believe that the Fans themselves should be creating the atmosphere not the Owners, Yes it’s frustrating to see the Team not winning games but the Fans should be playing their part in trying to lift the Team, The Atmosphere is so flat now that even in the really big games ie:- United, Everton, Chelsea You are hard pressed to hear the Kop in full voice and as for the Great European Nights they have faded into oblivion but I don’t blame the owners for that I blame the Fans themselves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

It’s easy to blame the owners, especially when we all watch certain other owners of certain other clubs operate with an open checkbook policy, but other than handing over blank checks, what else are the owners actually responsible for? You can’t blame them for the singing (or lack-off), you can’t blame them for team selection, you can’t blame them for zonal marking.

Just like the man in black, they’re simply an easy target to vent your frustration on, when the things that your own team are in control off don’t go to plan.

Take the Spuds game, was it Joe Lewis’s fault Dele’s dumbass dummy in his own half didn’t work setting up the first goal, or Hugo rooted to the spot as the scuffed shot trickled over the line? Nope, that would be Dumbass Dele and Hugo “Feet Nailed To The Floor” Llrois…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

All valid points, people re the activity on the pitch, but it just seems to me for several years, even though managerial changes have been made, there’s been more of a backseat approach from the owners than a team of people putting it out there ambitiously that their vision is to win trophies.

At times, this club just feels like we’re stuck in the queue and being pegged back in our progress.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Can’t speak for FSG personally, but surely they’re sports investors first and Pool fans a distant 2nd. The problem with these types of owners are simply as long as they don’t lose money, it’s all a bit of a gamble. They’ll make their money back and then some, but are they likely to invest the levels needed to get a top to the top of the trough? Unlikely I reckon, they’ll stick at the same levels of investment and hope they might get that slice of luck to push the team over the edge (Class 92, Leicester, some lucky signings etc…)

I’ve always wondered why ‘Mericans invest in English/European Leagues, American Sports have no understanding of promotion/relegation, it’s all closed shops and guaranteed incomes… very different than non-‘Merican leagues.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Chucky, that’s spot on mate.

It’s not just about an investor being able to throw bucket loads of money, it’s the full package for me such as having a vision on the pitch;

– development of players
                – technique
                – training
                – a range of different tactics

I know that all comes within the management team and they are left and trusted upon to get on with their day to day running, but there should be somebody appointed in between the owner and Jurgen Klopp to be able to intervene and say these individual players are just not good enough and shouldn’t be considered in the first 11.

This has to come from people who have experience and understanding of the game and unfortunately, I don’t see any remote interest from FSG other than how it can benefit them financially.

Being wealthy or profiting means nothing to supporters and they don’t themselves take anything in their pockets. Their pleasure is the success made on the pitch and the culmination of trophies not to mention building a rich history to be proud of and look back on.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Nil, I hear what you are saying but reading between the lines this is all about big money being spent.There lies the problem ,Liverpool even with their massive history are not the draw they once were, so attracting the top ,top quality players is near impossible.
                  The sort of player you want, will want to go to Barca,Real,Bayern,PSG ,Manchester United Manchester City ,Chelsea and Arsenal.
                  Spurs have the same problem, as we have a wage structure that inhibits us from getting the best players.What Spurs have done and what Liverpool might want to do, is to scout and buy the best young players available and then develop their youth.Look at what we currently have, Dier,Kane, Alli,Winks,Sanchez(big fee) Aurier(big fee)but young,then we bought Rose at 17,Christian Eriksen 21,Sonny 22,Davies 21,and although we don’t see much of him Lamela 21, to me if you can’t get the best this is probably the only way to go.
                  Liverpool used to bring brilliant young players through the ranks,why not look to do it now ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Bricky… I think us Spuds realized we had no choice but to walk the path we have as we were never going to get the Top Tier players. Luckily, it’s a method that Poncho seems to like and is seemingly proving to be somewhat successful compared to the decades of shite we’ve had at the Lane.

AS for our dear cyber chum and the problems with History Boys FC fans ( 🙂 ) is they seemingly want to buy their way by back to the top, rather than the slower route of building a team. Then they sulk that Klopp hasn’t got 100% control, then sulk when he does have 100% control and buys rubbish, then sulk when FSG aren’t too sure about given Klopp more money because he buys rubbish… 🙂

Looking at HBFC yesterday, you’re almost there I reckon. Get the Keita chap from Redbull, VVD (or other) to help with defense and an actual LB, keep everybody you’ve got, and you’ve got a pretty decent team/bench to play with there. Then work with the reserves, get one or two youngsters…. HBFC are a lot closer than the doom and gloom merchants will have you believe.

Cheer up Nil, could be worse, you could be a Pommie Cricket fan!! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Lesta FC won the title without spending trillions of £££ Nil mate,not all down to money.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Bricklayers Arms, you’re right. Some common ground with both us guys in not being able to hold on to our best players, though of late there is a little restraint, i.e. from our point of view Coutinho (though eventually, he will be a goner), and commended loyalty from Harry kane.

There needs to be time and trust put in and not just getting rid of a manager by being hasty. I think so far Posh has been right for you guys when it comes to building something together over a course of time. I would sincerely love for Spurs to win a trophy as I would with my lot.

We are bedding in youngsters like Trent-Alexander-Arnold, and Ben Woodburn, but do feel we lack an old-head 30 something to offer that leadership and experience.

I suppose if we want to allow this to happen organically, then we have to deal with the rough and smooth of indifferent results – something in which of late, Liverpool have been accustomed to.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Mav 73, that was once in a lifetime my good friend. You’re right in what you say. I wonder if something like this though would happen again in the not too distant future.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Chucky, that definitely cheered me up 🙂 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Of course it will Nil my beer-buddy,of course it will!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Chucky, I totally agree, we did not have a choice,luckily it seems Mo thrives on young players development.
                                Nil, the big question is,would the board,players and fans be happy to give young players a chance if they knew the instant success may not happen for 2/3 years ??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Loving that…. only seen the last 20 minutes but not a bad game at all!

WHoosp, Worng thread!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Going back to Pool, I understand why Herr Brenda buys a lot of overseas players, but I think one of the keys to the Spuds recent success is we’ve also bought a fair few English lads. Apart from Robertson, who doesn’t seem to be getting a decent “crack”, I can’t recall any young British lads his bought and I personally can’t help thinking they’re treating Pool as a bit of a stepping stone.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Bricklayers Arms, it’s a lot harder for younger players to break into the first 11 for those reasons you’ve highlighted. Ideally, the best approach so that progression isn’t hindered would be integrating them in small doses (2-3).

It’s also down to that individual too to make most of his opportunity by doing everything he can to impress all parties. And that comes with the significance of then holding on to that player to allow him to grow and build his experience.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Going to chuck it out there, but I wonder if the lack of a proper “reserve” league has proven to be more of a hindrance than a benefit? Didn’t they scrap those some time back and everything now is pretty much a “friendly”, under 21’s or a “cup” game? Young players just don’t get the time to acclimatize to a new club, just chucked in the deep end to sink or swim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Chucky, sound point. Many years ago there used to be what was known as the Pontins League. There were proper B grade teams that offered scope for young kids. I rarely read anything nowadays on surrounding that and I don’t even know would you believe if a proper reserve Liverpool team for example exists.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

The gap between Academy teams and First team is too wide. They should have kept a second team league going but make it competitive by offering something different as well, so they will have the incentive to get into a team, play well and next step to first team

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.