Home Community General Football Football Managers: Asshats, the lot of 'em….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

I found myself continually shaking my head in disbelief when I read their after match comments, wondering how dumb do they think us fans are with their quite frankly ridiculous comments, their one-sided views and their pathetic attempts at what can only be described as Trump-esque deflection techniques.

How can we, as fans, seriously call for a clean-up of the game when these men in their positions of relative power, lead their teams in such a hypocritical fashion?

Do they not realize we actually see the game with our own eyes? Do they really think we are dumb enough to buy into their, for the lack of another appropriate phrase, bullshit?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Watford.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

As a million times in multiplication of bias as this will sound, I take Jurgen Klopp as an exception. Wenger I actually hold respect for even though he can annoy me at times. I’m liking David Wagner guy with a decent heart in the right place. And Conte on the whole is Gentleman with decorum as with Pochetino.

However, the rest I find unlikeable for them either being monosyllabic, pre-empted, or just defensive and sarcastic.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          paul powers tash
          Participant

I’ve been sent this from a pal of mine.Surely no-one is a bigger asshat than
            the hypocritical one ?

The Man United boss once mocked Arsene Wenger as a voyeur who took an unhealthy interest in Chelsea, but he has been doing exactly the same with Man City?

If Pep Guardiola ever gets time to look out of his Salford apartment window, the Manchester City manager should not be too surprised if he sees a Jodrell Bank-sized telescope peering at him from the nearby Lowry Hotel.

On the thin end of that telescope would be Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, a man who once mocked Arsene Wenger as a ‘voyeur’.

His snipe at the Arsenal boss, when Mourinho himself was in charge at Stamford Bridge, was based on the fact that Wenger ‘speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea’, and he suggested that a telescope may have been employed to snoop on goings-on at his club.

And yet, since the week of the Manchester derby , there has been a virtual avalanche of verbals aimed at the Blues, all tumbling from Mourinho’s mouth.

That has sparked the fear – or the joy among the media – that the toxic relationship between Mourinho and Guardiola , which earned it the tag ‘The Disease’ in Spain, is also about to break out into open hostility in Manchester.

But while Guardiola has let his team do the talking, Mourinho has talked incessantly about City and Guardiola for the last month.

In the build-up to the derby, the Reds boss’s nervousness manifested itself in a blatant attempt to influence the referee.

He claimed initially that City were divers, and then that they used tactical fouls to inhibit counter-attacks against their high-pressing style.

That ignored the facts of the matter, that United commit more fouls per game – 10.6 to 10.4.

If Mourinho has analysed how many of City’s fouls are ‘tactical’, he is perhaps even more of a voyeur than we were beginning to think.

On the dives, an analysis earlier this year of how many dives have been committed by each club since 2012-13 found City were guilty of 11, while United had committed 13, and the table of ill-repute was topped by Chelsea, managed by Mourinho himself for two of those five seasons.

Mourinho also threw in a playground snitch-style whinge about Guardiola wearing a yellow ribbon as a show of support for Catalan political prisoners, for good measure.

Then after City had schooled his team, he tried to enter the celebrating Blues dressing room, shouting about respect, sparking a 15-man tussle between players and staff of both sides.

Not content with having started the rumpus, Mourinho then had the gall to suggest that City’s reaction to their victory was down to poor education or bad manners!

As City’s serene progress at the top of the league has intensified the pressure on Mourinho, his squeakings have become increasingly desperate.

A man who splashed out £90million for Paul Pogba, and then £75million for Romelu Lukaku – eclipsing City’s transfer record of £54million – then claimed it was all about spending.

He said that City had got rid of two good full-backs in Pablo Zabaleta and Aleks Kolarov and replaced them ‘with three’.

Not only did that skim over the fact that those two City servants were both past their sell-by date, it was blatantly untrue – City actually got rid of FOUR full backs in the summer, as Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna also left, and replaced them with three.

The prices paid for Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy are irrelevant – as any average student of football can see, full-backs are essential to Guardiola’s expansive style of football.

Given that, for Mourinho to suggest that spending big money on full backs is any more outrageous than buying a striker who has been out-scored by Raheem Sterling, is disingenuous to say the least.

The beauty of all this for City fans is that the more Mourinho moans, the more it is apparent that he is being beaten down by Guardiola.

Tickled me 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I just think in Jose’s case these days, management simply brings the worst out of him.

I haven’t seen him smile for a long time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

PPT, I think Mouriniho’s so called mind games are well known these days and more than a little tedious. His tactics have been well and truly found out as boring on recent months. Obviously I don’t speak for United fans but I get the feeling his popularity is dropping at Old Trafford. In conclusion I was more than pleased that he committed his future to United today as I firmly believe that as long as Pep stays at City United will always finish behind us. He also convieniently forgot that much of the speculation arround his future at OT is the result of his own comments about PSG.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                paul powers tash
                Participant

Indeed Jim.Fingers crossed.I don’t see him smiling anytime soon NB 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

I’m quite indifferent about Mourinho’s future. The ABU (anyone but United) tag was around long before Mourinho arrived so we’re hardly a club that pays much attention to what others think about us!

Good PR is great, but it should never be at the expense of success. LvG was quite liked by non-Utd fans and we played some good stuff at times but apart from the FA Cup win, we never looked like winning anything under him. I’d never take him back though, despite our PR being better during that period.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. A nice, pleasant manager is great but, given the choice of a pleasant, PR-friendly loser or an unpleasant, unlikeable winner, I’d take the latter every single time.

Most fans, including a number of City fans, were generally quite disappointed with Pep last year and they looked a mile away from being able to do what they’ve done this year, so to write Jose off is IMO slightly naive. There is nobody in football more qualified or with a proven ability to topple a top Pep side than Mourinho.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    whoisbeni
                    Participant

Caught a bit of Match of the Day at the weekend and I think it was a game involving Mark Hughes – after the match in which both sides had a penalty and also an appeal turned down both managers thought their penalties were nailed on and the other sides were never a penalty – was the most ridiculous pair of interviews I’ve seen in a while. Cant remember who the teams were, but I’m pretty sure that Mark Asshat Hughes was one of them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Let’s put it this way, Pep’s no angel and I can’t for the life of me figure out why some people laud him the way they do. Some of his interviews on the mic last season were bad. As he’s got it good this year, he’s chilled out, typical, but then, that’s like many these days in the modern game.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Just want to point out I wasn’t singling out any manager in particular, just a generalization that all managers are asshat’s these days. Although some do seem to be worse than others… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Princewhite Yord
                          Participant

Editor so you not worried about a manager who gives off a bad pr for your club-find that amazing for any true supporter

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

And here’s a classic example – new year this time last year! Jose too is no angel!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

A great shame we don’t like characters like Neil Warnock in the game these days – Pep and Jose have had it too cushty!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Princewhite, no that’s not really what I’m saying. I’m saying I wouldn’t swap him for a nicer guy unless that guy also had at least as good and proven record as Jose. I mean, we could probably swap him for, say, Harry Redknapp and have better PR but at what cost? Better PR doesn’t fill a trophy cabinet!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Also, my point is that we were never liked by non-Utd fans before Jose so why should we start trying to be liked now? Ferguson was universally despised by all who didn’t support Utd but do you think any Utd fan would change that for a nice man in charge?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

I wonder how many players Diamond ‘Arry could buy with half a billion quid…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

One thing I will say in favour of Pep is that he genuinely has a nous and sound intentions to develop and integrate young players into the first team. I don’t see him totally as THE cheque-book Manager.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Chucky, hahaha, yet there are still calls from People like Neville that more money needs to be spent on players.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Nil-You have respect for Wenger? Mate,he is the biggest loser in today`s footballing world.His time has been up for 15 years,he is a serial loser.He has ruined AFC for over a decade now!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 226 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.