Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I think the coming season is going to be a real test for Football clubs. If the pattern of what we have just experienced carries on some tough measures need to be put in place. I can also see some decent fans, probably the older end. just staying away. I think we should view it as a serious warning what could happen, because these mindless people are not football fans but just troublemakers and not all from this country. We should show UEFA that, we, as a nation, are not going to accept this level of civil disobedience, we do not want them telling us what should be done and pay up. All we need now is a Govt. strong enough to do something about it

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

It’s the actions of I would imagine on the spectrum a small minority ruining it for otherwise a more civilized number of individuals who effectively pledge themselves for life to the club they support through the good, bad and ugly.

We can’t turn the blind eye Brian. In this modern day where we’re not in the 80s and the 90s, there are socially, problems worsening in acceptance of different walks of life – tolerance. What we’re experiencing is hatred.

People need a release, but the behaviours and actions on Sunday were truly beyond comprehension – fans trying to force their way into the stadium. Racism and abhorrent behaviour exhibited is one thing, but criminal damage and end endangering own and safety of others is another.

Fans are already priced out. Unless there are tougher measures in place to tackle all these problems where we notably see a difference, more and more people will prefer their own habitat and nearby surroundings.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

I think it was much worse in the 80s Brian but you can hide behind social media these days. You look at the videos from Sunday and there’s men in there 40s acting like hooligans. It’s just silly. Makes no sense and it’s highlighted more because it’s in England which has a terrible name for this kind of stuff mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I’ve experienced this behaviour before when I went into town many years ago during World Cup 98. Phone Boxes smashed, the Bar which was back then called Morgan’s was trashed. This was after crashing out to Argentina in the Semis again on Penalties.

Sean, not a great deal has changed as this resurfaces again and again into generations, except mate that now a bigger problem lies with social media and I think every bit of the government really need to step up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Sean…it has been getting worse long before the 80s, we had a brief respite but the general trend has been getting worse. There are, of course , a number of factors why…football is just the attraction because it is easy picking and as you say social media has a lot to answer for I do not go along with this a “minority issue” either. This well worn excuse trips out every time for any occasion. What surprised me though that there appeared to be some systematic corruption with some stewards as well. Minorities are takeing over this country and we have not a clue how to reverse it. We even have a tax funded Broadcasting station so far Left it beggars belief. In my experience coming through the war years to the current situation as a fan I would say the 60s it started to go wrong. The late 40s and 50s were the best behaved fans when you could stand side by side with the visiting team fans, little or no stewards or Police. This is not just about football though and more to do how our level of respect for one and other, the influx of people from other countries, which we invited, to do work many in the UK did not want to do and worst of all, our education from the early years completely went in another direction. Gone are the basics or the 3Rs and I remember one of my sons at an early age coming home with needlework to do!!!To day they would see that as a good thing, I would have given my sons extra Maths, Physics, woodwork etc
              I do not have a definitive answer to all this but I do know it will all end in tears and the same logic will apply to other countries that freely criticise us but there time will come as well The world has gone mad with wokery!!
              Gripe over,

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

These people are not fans. They are low life ignorant thugs who have nothing in their lives.
                We have always had them. Its just that today we all have a camera with us plus the abhorrent so called social media.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Nike….I have no problem with people coming to England and working, whoever they come from. I believe a lot of the problem the comes from people who settle but want there own laws and way of living , the question is then why leave the country you came from? This must feed the anti migrant part of society with all the wrong ingredients. They want to change us and we do not want to change..that is where I see the conflict lies. It is very good to talk about equality, tolerance…that is always desirable but there are too many with entrenched views now and you cannot rely on Politicians, they are too busy fighting themselves and protecting there jobs and pension

My own quote

Those that have not got it, want it for free
                  Those who have it, paid by somebody else

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Tugay is God
                  Participant

Nil, wish it was the Semi’s!! it was the 2nd round.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Patrick Bamford powerful activism to be a leader in supporting environmental causes is a great cause that I can really support.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Blaze
                      Blocked

Just saw a video of fans, can’t believe people can behave like that for no reason. At the same time there are a lot of fans who behave and support their teams in the he proper manner, guess you get good and bad in all forms of society except the bad seem to be multiplying a lot.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.