Home Community General Football FA Cup Semi Finals.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

What a shame I was hoping for two derbies.

Both Semi Finals will be interesting Chelsea will have to play a lot better than they did v Leicester although the 6 changes probably contributed to that and Chelsea do owe United one.

Pleased to avoid City.?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

9, I think all Chelsea fans wanted to avoid the Manchester teams and get a bye instead??….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Yeah City definitely the happiest of all the 4 there. Chelsea definitely due a win against Utd as a 4th win against Chelsea in the same season would surely be a first?

Will be very interesting to see how Lampard sets up as he’s played right into Ole’s hands on numerous occasions already this season. Ole will be happy to let Chelsea have the ball.

Could be a fascinating battle though and will be big for whichever of Utd or Chelsea get through to City in the final, with both showing they’re more than capable of beating City, too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

So, it will be an interesting final…All Manchester, all London or one of each. I was not too bothered how the pairings finished, you can only play what is in front of you and at this stage looks like a good Semi is forthcoming

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Very true Brian and you can never tell in the Cup anyone can beat anybody especially at Wembley as history proves although if I had a spare Β£100 I would put it on City to go all the way again.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Losing to United once in a season is bad enough losing 4 times is unthinkable Ed.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

It is a semi with the possibility of good football being played. The players should be well practised in playing to empty stadiums so Wembley will not be different from any other ground apart from being soulless

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Brian, City are the best equipped team to play at Wembley the quality of the pitch and it’s size is ideal for City’s possession football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    threeps
                    Participant

Big pitches suit counter attacking or long ball teams, not short passing and counter press like City. More grass more area for then to press and longer passing which can cause misplaced passes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

6 trophies won at Wembley by City in the last 3 seasons suggests that City under Pep are very comfortable playing at Wembley and that the pitch suits their style of play.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Nine/threeps. Does it matter, I am sure teams will have tactics to suit there player and plan for the day. I doubt if it will bother City too much, after all, they have been frequent visitors to Wembley in recent years. We will want to play with wingers and a strong midfield…lets not talk about defence!!!!! Walker has surprised me since we have been back, playing well. Mendy..still does not do enough and lacks vision. Otamendi Cannot fault his commitment but lapses let him down. Fernadiho.Laporte gems. Rodri will be a star next season does the dirty work well. Stones. not going to make it in future City team Garcia a star in the makeing. That is my defence summary

We need another keeper for back up and keep Ederson on his toes

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

I never mentioned Zinkencho. getting better. Cancello. leaving

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Brian, unfortunately City can play vety well anywhere under any conditions and have looked an outstanding football team going forwards at times since the restart if they are able to invest in the right players this Summer and don’t suffer the same sort of injuries to key players that they had this season we might just see a proper title race again next season.

Be great to see one of two others join in too!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Very interesting I have to say

City favourites but utd and Chelsea have shown already they can beat city

Arsenal are dreadful at the back and city will beat them very easily.

Still finding it so difficult to enjoy the football without the crowds

I’ve only watched 3 full games. I need to get used to it as this is the new norm as they say

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

City had injuries to key players and so did Liverpool . Cities biggest issue was stay spent over 100 m in the summer and never bought a centre back. Pep doesn’t trust nearly 90m worth of talent to play alongside each other in stones and otamendi. I think they have played 4 times together in the last 18 months

How much have city spent on full backs in recent years?

City were strong strong favourites this year. Laporte injury was a huge loss but even with him
                                  City look like they can be cut through as Chelsea showed

Rodri is not bad bit he’s no ferdinhio who is world class. Taking ferdhino out of midfield and playing him centre back is a huge problem for city as they are weakening two positions.

City are absolutely top class but they didn’t list the league because of injuries.

Liverpool were just more consistent and the better team this season in the pl

City still have a chance of two trophies. They could end the season with three. They are a formidable team

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Sean. I was just giving my opinion on what needs to happen with City for them to be in a position to put in a realistic title challenge next season it has nothing to do with Liverpools achievement in winning the title this season which I have been very complimentary about.

Just enjoy it mate! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Ah I know nine mate. I’m just trying to get bsck into debating about football chum

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Sean, of course, no worries buddie be great if the PL was a 3/4 horse titls race next season unlikely though. Cheers 9’s

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Ah I don’t know nine.

City will get stronger. Chelsea are already stronger and frank will have learned so much on this season

Utd seem to be clicking under ole now. They will spend more money this summer

Really not sure about arsenal or spurs. Two managers need time.

I’ve really no idea what to expect next season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Hope we get beaten by an odd goal by Chelsea instead og being spanked by City.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.