Home Community General Football England Friendlies This Weekend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

v Switzerland – 5:30 Kick Off Saturday
      v Ivory Coast – 19:45

Really for me about seeing players we have seen much of or not at all and giving them a chance. Also regrouping and getting the swagger back.

Come On England!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Adlab
      Participant

Thought those brought in were just OK. To be brutally honest the defence did not look international class. Switzerland could have been well ahead with better finishing.

I don’t think the penalty was worth one. Its getting very silly,.Call me old fashioned but I prefer the concept of deliberate handball, interpreted by the ref rather than whether the ball just brushed a defender’s arm when he couldn’t get out of the way.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

The Referee was always going to change his mind once looking at the monitor.

I guess Adlab it’s a question of interpretation of the arm causing an infringement so prevent the ball from travelling in it’s intent and desired direction.

Why is the arm and elbow by the opposing player raised high?

I think VAR is perhaps offering the Referee an ‘Advisory’ and the opportunity to see a replay of the incident before surpassing the moment and allowing the play to go on, making sure that he has given the correct decision even though he chooses to stick with his original call.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I don’t think we looked that good but did enough to edge past. I don’t think we’re anywhere near as World Beaters, but just maybe an above average outfit.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

Probably right Nike.
              By the way “lots of messages ” about City being worried and nervous. I’m sure we are. But then you have to believe the Gospel according to the Liverpool Echo ๐Ÿค”

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Adlab, I absolutely try my best to avoid the Echo. Same as the Mercury from our neck of the woods, the reporting is tripe. I used to love buying my local paper when I was a kid as there were well written articles with good english. I would say the echo is biased as far as LFC are concerned and it should really be aiming for balance.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

I think we have to take into account that yesterday’s England team was at last half a dozen players short of what the team will be in the opening game of the World Cup.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

I never understand why you read the echo adlab. That be like me reading the Manchester news ๐Ÿ˜‚ . City clear favourites in most peoples views

Much better from Ireland againest Belgiumโ€™s 2nd team but big improvement in the last year

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Sean. I don’t actually read it. When it comes up on Newsnow MCFC it is often one of the headline stories in ” Top Sources”. Almost every article contains some sort of threat or message that Liverpool will do this or Liverpool will do that or Pep is in a panic or something similar. Much as I don’t like the reporting, the City pages in the MEN never send messages etc to other teams.
                      It strikes me the Echo reporters, many of whom are ex Liverpool players like Aldridge, are well balanced. A chip on each shoulder. Why. I have no idea. Great club, great team and great supporters (apart from those that wreck our team bus)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Manchester City ‘nervousness’ sensed ahead of vital Liverpool clashes

Just one example from today/yesterday

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.