Home Community General Football England death watch

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Summer is fast approaching… The Russian thugs are blunting knuckledusters and choosing bottles to glass you with, probably listening to you telling your children off after hacking your phone. There might even be a can of Novochik to swig when in Russia watching our boys, it’ll taste better than Baltika 9 thats for sure. All the fun of the fair, but time to despair… What will be the final squad for Russia from the Three lions of woe?

This week I’m talking keepers. Two England stoppers were on show this week in the West Ham game Neither should start..

I’m going to say Nick Pope between the sticks… Pickford (too rash) Butland (number 2)… That is all for now… This weekend will be the turn of the defenders of national shame.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

442- I’d agree with your 3 to go to Russia but I’d start with Pickford. Pope hasn’t made his debut yet and with only a couple of warm up games early June, I’d keep him as the No.2. I don’t really see that Pickford has done too much wrong, and to me he looks a class keeper, even if he is an Evertonian.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        whoisbeni
        Participant

Butland for me.
          think Pickfords positioning is suspect

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Silk purse from Pigs Ears spring to mind here…

I think Pickford has to be #1, and despite everything I think Hart should be 3# due to his experience even if he is having a nightmare of a season (good game against Chelsea last week mind you!). Do think you need some tournament experience in the squad for the younger/newbie players.

Which leaves #2 up for grabs.. and Foster is having a decent season too… (Pope is just too inexperienced which ever way you cut it)…. between Foster and Butland for me for #2… but I go back the Silk purse analogy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Well… Pickford – His distribution is really rather good and cant fault him in any way for his handling and positioning. I do worry about his temperament over everything else. Prone to one or two rash decisions? Everton/ Sunderland fans might be able to better tell us…

Butland is the man who is supposed to be the heir apparent. A very good keeper… No complaints if he does start.

I simply chose pope because he is playing in a very well drilled defence and happen to think that the clean sheets and organisation he gets from his game time at Burnley might have a positive effect on the defenders in front of him at international level.

Hart… Should never have been picked again after the last two tournaments. We know his decision making is suspect and I think he’s now doing a Robinson…

Fraser Forster… meh… Good keeper, not as dynamic as the others imo. Keep your eyes peeled on who plays in defence this weekend and how they get on and we can chew the fat on it next week.

Whoever is the choice, I actually think we’re in good hands – Scuze the pun.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Butland for me. Pickford and Pope as back up.

If Hart goes he will be tempting for Southgate to pick and I wouldn’t that to happen.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

I would go for Butland, little to choose between Pope and and Pickford, All three are relatively inexperienced in big atmosphere playing, for that reason I would take Hart but not as No1

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Before or after Putin turns the UK into an island of dust for the next 1000 years,and then turns his attention to those Yankee and Aussie twats?Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Mav… no need to blow it up, just turn off the gas… A bit like Roman Abramovic and his interest in Chelsea this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

442-Only joking mate,but if they do turn off the gas he will be in deep trouble,they are the S.Arabia of Christian Orthodox faith.They depend much more on selling gas and oil than the Western world depend on buying it.
                        But if I was in charge,Western countries should stay away from Russia and be boycotting the WC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Mav , fully agree with the boycott. The Russians go around killing people at will and when they get caught they come out with the biggest load of unbelievable bollocks, the IK we poisoned the Russian pair in Salisbury,we dropped chemical bombs on Syria, do they actually think the UN NATO etc believe one word of it. .
                          The latest being the inspectors not allowed in to take chemical samples as their paperwork was incorrect, for that read stall the bastards while we and the Syrians do a clean-up job.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Lads and lasses… No offence… My posts are tongue in cheek, forgive me for my sins, they do often stretch the realms of humour, Im not a fan of boycotting the World Cup, I think the people of Russia deserve a World Cup, globally we deserve a World Cup. I’ve always been treated well by Russian’s (except my ex) and it will be a very interesting tournament, not for the politics but for VAR. ? There are many countries including our own who lurk about in the murky world of Real geopolitics and if you point a finger, three point back at you.

More than happy to debate the finer politics of the country but not on this thread please? Lets focus on the Three lions of Woe, how they will build us up and smash us to pieces so we’re begging for the Premiership to return. Lets see who Gareth Southgate picks and look at the players in form who should be going… or, more likely, probably wont.

My eyes will be looking at the form of Smelling, Walker, Rose, Bertrand, Dier, Cahill, Trippier, Stones et all this weekend. Leave Putin to his henchmen and we’ll worry about our own bother boys, cause the starting 11 will probably bother us all.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

442-Agree mate,Putin,Tramp,and May can enjoy a hot,steamy,wild,filthy, 3some,and let us in peace watch footy.Dear God,I think much rather watch these oldies have sex than Engerlaaaaaaaaaannnddd play and bore me to death,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

No mav, No… Go get help… Let me know how you get on! http://www.priorygroup.com/addictions/sex-love

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                srd79
                                Participant

I don’t follow England as such, but regarding the keepers, surely Hart shouldn’t go unless he’s first choice? Having played close to 80 England games and not being older than he is, it’s hard to believe he would accept a backup role.

Looking from the outside I’d say your goalkeepers and defence, especially centrally, look average, but midfield and attack look pretty solid. What would be the criteria of succes for England this summer?

As a Denmark fan I’d be happy to get out of the group. We are extremely dependent on Eriksen, and if he’s having a bad day at the office, we’re pretty much crap.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

I have lost interest before it starts and will find something else to do. Game too political now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    srd79
                                    Participant

BB, couldn’t you say that about club football as well? City’s owner is a guy close to the royal family of the UAE, a country where flogging and stoning are legal methods of punishment. Russian owners with shady pasts have been and still are club owners in Spain, France and England. The Glazers donated money to Trump’s presidential campaign. Football has become bonkers.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

SRD… I simply dont have any expectations of England. I gave up long ago. I also think it unfair on Southgate and the younger members of the squad. There have been some improvements but nothing that we dont see already in qualifying campaigns.. Put simply, I just want a good showing where ever player pulls on the jersey and gives everything.

England have an ability to score goals. Between Vardy and Kane there’s something like nearly fifty league goals. Scoring isnt the big issue for me, It very much is how will England now play out through the back and whether we have the players to do it. It’s brave from Southgate, Best of luck, but lets just see industry and endeavour from the players.

If you dont have expectations you cannot be disappointed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Bacon muncher-Come on our Danish bacon champion,surely having a player called PIONE SISTO alone makes it exciting to look forward to.And what happened to the Lord Bendtner,didnt he say one he is as good as Messi?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          srd79
                                          Participant

442, Yep! the lower the expectations, the higher chance of not being dissappointed. I’m the same with Denmark. I’ll consider it a good overall result if we get out of the group. As for England I wish them well. By now they can’t really disspoint because of past failures. And many of the players haven’t been to tournaments before, so perhaps they won’t feel the pressure as much?

Mav, Sisto is pretty good. Somewhat hot and cold. He is unpredictable, but he has ability to cause damage at defences. s for Bendtner??? Mate, don’t get me started on that twat!! 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.