Home Community General Football End of the season awards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

1. PFA player of the year – Salah
      2. FWA player of the year – Salah
      3. Top goal scorer – Salah
      4. Top assist king – KDB
      5. Golden gloves award – D.Degea
      6. Goal of the season – ?
      7. best defender – M. Alonso
      8. best signing – Salah
      9. bargain of the season – Salah
      10 flop of the season- Bakayoko
      11. team of the year – Burnley
      13. Break through player – T. Alexander Arnold

What is your take? and anyone here who can help me goal of the season?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Salah’s just scooped up the PFA award beating De-Bryne.

Absolutely delighted for him 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Doc
        Participant

Always goes to a goal scorer or occasionally to a goal keeper, really should go the man who sets goals up. Dr Bruyne for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chelsea.man
          Participant

Sorry forgot Manager of the season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Difficult to split De Bruyne and Salah, in any other season De Bruyne would have won the PFA Player of the Year.

But Salah has been sensational this season as has De Bruyne but all the goals would have swung it Salah’s way and I suspect he will make it a double with the Footballer of the Year from the FWA too both well deserved imo.

I would love to have both of them in my team. Hold on a minute!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Don’t disagree with much of your list Chelsea man. Manager could easily go to Sean Dyche but Guardiola surely has to take it. For me, De Bruyne is definitely the better all around player but Salah’s season has been extraordinary and just edges it. Shout out for McTominay in the break out category, although he’s probably not done enough to take that title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chelsea.man
                Participant

ED

For me the manager of the year has to go to Guardiola. he has won the league whilst breaking multiple records. and is on course to break that 100 point barrier. Sean Dyche has been good. but i see nothing special with him. yes they will finish in mid table. but nothing more than that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

CHMSean Dyche has been good. but i see nothing special with him. yes they will finish in mid table. but nothing more than that. But give him the finances Pep and Jose have and then see what happens.
                    Player of the year of course goes to Salah,no doubt about it.Defender of the season-JV-by million miles.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

D.Sanchez has been fantastic too.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Flop of the season surely has to go to D.Klaasen? Is than man still on planet Earth or has he left for planet Malmo?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

The most underrated player-Son Heung-min?
                          The most overrated player-Paul Pogba?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

The players have voted, I respect that, well done Salah. I would like to see other positions recognised rather than strikers or goalkeepers and why do they vote now with 5 matches to go to the end of the season, are they saying the last matches mean nothing or is it that it fits a convenient calendar event. Does not appear right to me

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

It is a bit strange. Not as if they can’t announce teh winner in June!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea.man
                              Participant

Mav

Pogba isn’t overrated for me. he is a talented player. but has too many distractions other than football. the sooner he focuses his football the better for him and United.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Pogba is talented, no doubt about that I think his problem is focus on the job to be done with the game he is playing. Occasional spells of doing things right are often outweighed for doing everything else poorly. Jose or anybody else can never change this, it is up to the player

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

It kind of annoys me when the manager of the season comes around and for whatever reason we seem to credit the ones who do well at lower teams more than we do the ones who either win titles, or play amazing, attractive football.. OR BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

It is great to see someone punching above their weight but the bias is definitely weighted too much in the underdogs favour.

manager of the season is (in my opinion) between 2 men. Klopp and Guardiola. As a Liverpool fan, I’d love to be able to say that it’s Klopp because he’s doing amazing stuff with this Liverpool team. He has us not only playing awesome attacking football but is plugging the defensive holes without sacrificing anything at all. That’s incredible and is far beyond anything that any other manager has done this season, besides Guardiola.

As good as Klopp is doing, Guardiola has done even better. Yes, he has all the money in the world behind him but so does Jose and look at the difference. You can buy the ingredients but in the end of the day, the most expensive kitchen in the world won’t help you balance that recipe.

I’d also like to mention Robertson for defender of the season. I’m not saying he’s been the best but I think he should be in the conversation. I wonder if people would be more willing to accept him had salah not blown everything away there regards player of the year etc.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

It’s kind of ironic that we’re all having a go at the PFA etc for having their awards before the end of the season, and we’re doing exactly the same!! For example, if Klopp were to lead Liverpool to victory in Kiev next month, then in my humble and somewhat biased opinion, his achievement would be greater than Pep’s.

Am I wrong?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Yep.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

……taking nothing away from what would be an incredible achievement by Klopp were it to happen but Pep’s City side have been outstanding all season and are likely to break every single PL record by the end of the season over 38 games whilst the CL is decided over 13 games and luck plays it’s part with the draws.

Best of luck though to you and all the Liverpool lads on here for tonight. I’m sure you’ll. Come through this Semi Final and have every chance of winning it in Kiev. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

It’s a pity the Spuds didn’t make the final as we all could have had a field day with Chicken Kiev jokes… 🙁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.