Home Community Spurs End of Season Report

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

The end is nigh, and with not a lot to play for with regards to pride (although the beancounters at our respective clubs would differ!), time for your end of season report.

Overall, with all things considered, I’ll give my boys a B+ I reckon.

All I really wanted was Champions League Footy for the new stadium at the start of it….

The season started with the Wembly curse hanging over our heads, and a loss and two draws in our first three games there (dropping more points in those three games than we did at “home” all the previous season) did nothing to give us Spuds a great deal of hope for the future. At least we had the Champions League to look forward too until we got the Group of Death….

Nevermind, always next year, but guess what happened? The Group of Death turned out not to be (and I’ll leave it there, Goldie!) and fortunes changed at Wembly with my boys topping the group and finding some decent form over Christmas and New Year. An excellent February put us right in the mix in the League (for top 4, obviously City were over the hill and far away), but a bit of an implosion in the Champions League against Juve not only knocked us out but gave us the wobbles for the rest of the season, along with losing ANOTHER semi-final in the Cup, securing Champions League football taking longer than it possibly should have considering where we were in March.

Ended up with what I wanted, it could have been more, perhaps should have been more, but as a club I think we’re still moving in the right direction…yeah, B+ sounds about right for my boys!

What about your club then?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Season isn’t over yet mate ill Comment after Sunday

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Furry muff…. more chance of me winning the lottery AND marrying Belinda than there is of your boys not playing 1st Classnext year mate! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Securing CL football is important for Tottenham as to me, this is their fan’s expectations. Financially, you’ll of course be better off and monies of course is put forward for payment for new stadia etc.

Significantly as far as the pitch goes, this is the attraction on offer to keep hold of your best players which is naturally something you want to secure.

A little like Liverpool, it’s the domestic trophy success that needs work on and something even like a League Cup is something worth winning and shouting about.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Biggest losers in terms of this PL season v last PL season are Chelsea currently 23 points worse off than last season.

Spurs who are currently 12 points worse off v last season’s total and Liverpool are currently 4 points worse off v last sesson. Arsenal are currently 15 points worse off v last season.

Whilet United are 9 points better off than last season and City are 19 points better off v last season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

I wonder how many of those Spud dropped points were at home? I’m sure I heard the commentators mentioning something along the lines of a win at the Baggies would beat last seasons “away” points total, which would suggest there was a bit of a Wembly factor after all… and we have to do the same “adjusting to a new stadium” thing again next year! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

I have to be happy with City, CL would be nice sometime in the future but will never be my priority, given the choice I would take the PL over CL everytime but I know I may well be a minority on that. I also still value the FA Cup. At this time of the year I alwys feel a little sad, missing the anticipation of the week end game, but when you think about it they will be back in training in a couple of months, sorry, I cannot generate enough interest in what else is being played because England cannot build a competative team, some may argue against that as well but without a decent playmaker we look positively bare as a team looking for an idea. Next season will be different for all teams and the game will move up another notch and good luck to all

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

999-Chelsea could still yet end-up with a trophy just like Liverpool with the big one.If United end-up empty handed even though a great improvement from 6th to 2nd,will still be deemed a failure after all the £££ spent.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.