Home Community General Football Divers!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

A Referee’s job of late has grown to be under the Spotlight for the decisions made.

I’m not interested in digging out individual club players or what happened 5 years ago for example. I’m talking about the Here and Now and serious clamping down needed.

To me, it’s having to a degree, repercussions on those who are legitimately brought down in the box for example and not being awarded a Penalty that they should.

I’m tired of Divers and something needs to be done about them.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

nil – rather than just complaining why dont you state a solution.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

A yellow as a caution.

I don’t want any player to be sent off for the sake of it as it would ruin the game, Pax, but at the same time, there are certain players still getting away with it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

so keep it the same but eliminate human error?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            srd79
            Participant

Would probably be easier to just eliminate humans then.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

srd – if thats the only way!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

They should have an independent review of match footage, and they should refer ANY incidents which appear to be controversial in any way (minimal contact, no contract, foot being left in to make contact, theatrics after contact etc) to the review panel.

That way the panel will review all controversial incidents and can rule whether or not the players involved acted fairly, in a sportsmanlike manner or not.

They should then ban those who did not. This should apply to players who received a booking within the match too.

That way they will make a clear statement on what is acceptable and what is not, and it is not arbitrary who gets reviewed (currently they can only review in certain circumstances). Also, players will not always get banned, so it is less of ‘banned before the review’ type situation.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  srd79
                  Participant

You gotta do what you gotta do, Paxton! ๐Ÿ˜€

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

good points alfie. i agree especially about exaggerating contact. i fucking hate it. whilst they are not attempting to con the ref, they are using theatrics to influence the refs decision.

diving is an epidemic. i think if a ref thinks a player has dived, it should be taken to VAR and if guilty a straight red with a 3 game ban and if they aren’t sure it should be dealt with by a panel after the game with a 4 game ban as they were able to carry on in the game they dived.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Alfie, only just clicked into this thread and appreciate and agree with your thoughts mate.

Paxton only wants to thrive on forever Hobby Horse and thinks he’s a step above everyone else. Typical Levy Frustration, but there you go; ridicule Liverpool at any opportunity!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

Diving/simulation/exaggeration itโ€™s all trying to con the referee, when the ref doesnโ€™t spot it he/she gets crucified. The only outrage to this epidemic of blatant cheating comes from the fans, the players revel in it, the clubs encourage it, and the pundits justify it.

In another contex, some low life cons a granny out of her life savings (yes I know weโ€™re comparing football to crime) and no one tries to justify it, theyโ€™re branded quite rightly as scum.

In summary, the only way to stop this is to make it unacceptable to do, and that has to come from the players, clubs and pundits, fines and suspensions arenโ€™t working, so the only way I see to do it is to humiliate and shame any player and club caught doing it…Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Context, not Contex. Your own in Eden Hazard subsequently is doing it. Let’s not beat about the bush.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

NB, so you justify it by saying others are doing it, I donโ€™t, I apply it equally across all teams at all levels of the game, you wonโ€™t find me defending any player that dives/simulates/exaggerates…Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

No worries. Stuff naturally spilling from another thread, Pagan. Good learning point for me to consider leaving this once and for all; seen a fair few true colours tonight.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Nil – what on earth arr you on about? Where did I ridicule Liverpool? Why do I think Iโ€™m a step above everyone else? How have you come to those conclusions based on my responses in this thread?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Nil – if youโ€™re gonna call people out and make accusations at least have the decency to explain but true to form youโ€™ve stayed quiet. Exactly what is expected from you

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Pax, I wasn’t actually trying to offend you and I apologize if I did. It’s not anything personal, just a clash of opinions. My annoyance at the time was that I was expecting something constructive in terms of suggestions rather than something played down, which I didn’t feel it was helping.

Believe me mate, I’m not interested in ‘calling anyone out’ not my style.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Can’t help but read this thread and see that a familiar pattern has developed. Nil can you do us all a favour pal and stop being so over sensitive about Liverpool. You give verbals to anybody that you even think has been derogatory about Liverpool even when they haven’t been. It was me last week over a clear joke. Prior to that its been Sean and Nine on several occasions on this and other forums. And now completely randomly you have a pop at Paxton. You need to realise that we aren’t all going to love LFC like you do. People are going to criticise them, people are going to joke about them etc etc and it’s that bias that makes us fans. I haven’t seen anything on this forum that is OTT imo but you randomly having a pop at people will just piss posters off and they won’t bother coming on here and posting. Cheers Jim

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

But nil you offered no opinion yourself. Youโ€™ve started about 30,000 threads on this site and moan when people donโ€™t post on them then on this one you brought up a topic and offered no opinion and then go on a rant about people not liking Liverpool despite there being zero references to Liverpool. I hope you can understand why I just canโ€™t take you seriously.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Pagan
                                          Participant

Paxton, I hope youโ€™re not taking out your matchday angst on NB???…Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.