Home Community General Football Diego Maradona

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Pagan
    Participant

Sad news if true, it’s being reported that Diego Maradona has passed away, great player, I was lucky enough to see him at Wembley in 1980, absolute legend of the game….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Just read it,very sad news.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Shocking news and just 60 too. But he’s been fighting ill health for a long while.

Legend is a much over utilised word but Maradona was the Legend of Legends and one of the greatest footballers of all time. RIP.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Sad news. A lesson for all. Drug and alcohol abuse will kill you.
            RIP to one of the greatest players of all time.

There are too many deaths each week. So sad. Aguero’s former father in law.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Blaze
            Blocked

The greatest footballer of all time and still so young. RIP Diego

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Very sad to hear. The best for me. The desire, hunger and strength of Suarez. The skill of Messi. RIP.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Even with all of his drug abuse that nearly ended his life 20 years ago, this is still pretty shocking. A friend of mine who I play online games with, recently admitted (genuinely) that he didn’t know who Pele or Maradona were. The fact that I at first refused to believe him just goes to show the heights of fame that his talents brought him.

Very sad altogether but he lived one hell of a life while he was here.

RIP

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Best player the world has ever seen in my opinion

Unreal. Won the World Cup on his own. Got a terrible Argentina to the final in wc and carried Napoli

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Trying to digest this all over the last 20 minutes. Simply Saddened. He was probably my all time favourite Footballer I grew up with. Many kids growing up in the 80s aspired to being like Maradona.

Mexico 86
                      Italy 90
                      USA 94

Arguably, he scored the Greatest Goal Ever. One True Icon of the Game

Rest In Peace DIEGO. There’s only one MARADONA.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

With Pele miles ahead of any other player in history, he was a genius and could have even reached greater heights if not for those damn drugs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Diego made football look so damn easy and simple,just like Leo has done it in the last 10-15 years.Went past players as if they were trees,his dribbling was like watching a skiing champ.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Blaze
                          Blocked

Yes we spoke in the past so many times we all more or less born with equal ability and those that make it depended on hard work and opportunities but players like Maradona are born with genius ability, it is indeed a mystery why so few are born with that godly genius gift.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Blaze.
                            • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Blaze.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Almost unbelievably, today is also the anniversary of the death of another flawed football genius, it’s 15 years since the passing of George Best…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

This was the player that got me into football. I was outside my house when a match form the 86 WC was on and my dad told me to come inside and watch the best player in the world play. That was it, I was hooked. Despite his more recent unsavory antics and lifestyle I will always have great memories of him. To me he is the greatest of all time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Well mentioned Pagan. I knew there was something about the 25th Nov.

15 Years

Rest In Peace George Best.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

To the tune by Queen Dont stop me now…

Dont stop me now Im ripping a fat line.. Im having a ball dont stop me now… If you want to have a good time, just give it a snort… Don’t stop me now (‘Cause I’m having a good time) Don’t stop me now (Yes I’m having a good time) I don’t want to stop at all.

Depending one your viewpoint, a legend on and off the pitch. Bet he threw a good party after winning the World Cup. πŸ™‚ He’s probably ripped a line that would kill angels since departing. God Speed you filthy rotten cheating bastard… One of the best.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

A Truly Sad Loss To Football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Sky’s coverage has been a bit of a disgrace , to much being said about that handball ffs

Embarrassing

Get over it

Threeps, wc 86 was my first proper World Cup as a kid. I was nine abd he mesmerised me

He was kicked up and down the place. He was savaged in Italy . Battered in most games

That’s what sets him apart from Messi in my view. He played in the toughest defensive league were he was battered. A soy o way you would get away with the tackles he received in modern day football

A proper genius who carried his country

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Sean, that was the same for me. There was something back then about being a Number 10.

He was small, but at times, he was built like a rock. Maradona was kicked by players, but he stood firm and always found a way.

Mexico 86 was my proper first World Cup too, but I have a very vague memory of it, so it would be Italy 90.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Sean, From an english audience perspective it still hurts hence the sky coverage. See Shilton’s comments about that England game. He also cheated in a second World Cup competition with performance enhancing drugs. So while he might have been a cracking player, he was also, a filthy cheat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.