Home Community General Football Coronation Day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

It’s gotta be Saturday 7th April

wow, how ironic would it be too, given the opposition played at the Ethiad and should they go on to win that game.

Man City are just 2 wins away from a truly wonderful triumph in landing the League Championship.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Be the perfect end to their title campaign for City. Mourinho will be determined not to let it happen v United and will surely turn up in his new shiney Bus.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Hahaha, he sure will Nine, he sure will. It’s a 6-3-1 formation 🙂 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Doesn’t bother me at all. Nobody can begrudge City the title this season. If anything, I hope they win it against Utd. There would be no better motivational tool then to see your local rivals lift the trophy in front of you. If that doesn’t make you come back stronger the following year, nothing will.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

That’s a very good point Ed and I’m sure that’s how Use would use it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              cm
              Participant

I remember Arsenal won it at OT back in 02 and it did not bother me, giving Chelsea a guard of honor back in 05 or 06 did not bother me too, City winning it against United would not bother me too. It is one of them things in football, where they have deservedly got the bragging rights this season and the stick United fans have given over the years, they deserve a bit back. That is football end of the day.

Agree with Ed, when Arsenal won it at OT and when United gave a guard of honor to Chelsea, United came back stronger the following season. I hope the same happens again.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

The only time I was actually happy as a football supporter for United during their domination was when they first won it in 1993 – those two Steve Bruce headers at Old Trafford against Sheffield Wednesday.

I remember them vividly on Match Of The Day. I was a teen at school and I had school mates that were United supporters, so was pleased for them, but after the 1996 FA Cup Final, and losing at OT 1-0 in a league game of the subsequent season along with us underachieving in not winning the Title that season was the start of my resentment towards my rival club.

I did sense though that some of them actually wanted us to win the title back in 13/14 after so many years of us guys waiting.

Sounds a bit freakish huh? I even liked a few of their kits from the 80s and early 90s 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  cm
                  Participant

Football is a funny old game.

10 years ago I would have never thought City would have won a trophy, never mind a league title. United fans have got egg on their face considering the banner they had up at OT.

During Liverpool’s dominance, I am sure many thought United would not win a league title and Liverpool would still continue dominating English football for years or decades. Look how that turned out.

If City win the league at the Etihad, as much as I despise them, you realise football can be cruel at times, but that is part of the game you follow. There are more important things in life to worry about. You give some and you get some back. All you are doing is following or supporting a side.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

We have to beat Everton first. One game at a time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.