Home Community General Football Come on England!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

England v Slovenia tonight on a Thursday. Hopefully though it’s a good one though knowing me, I’ll probably be bored after the first 5 mins and switch over elsewhere.

Goals usually don’t come till late and can’t remember the last time we got off to a flyer. Still hope we get the points

Come on England!!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Kane’s really going out of his way these early stages to make things happen and is commendable. Other’s out there not quite on board so far and Lallana’s creativity and presence is missed as with his club.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Half-time and same old same old. The studio pundits seem as though they feel embarrassed!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

God, Wembley is so quiet. Not much to get excited about though!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

So switched over to Scotland…why are the Jocks playing in pink? They’re at home and there’s no colour clash. What happened to their traditional dark blue?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Well, we nearly went 1 up. It wasn’t a bad decision as such by Rashford to go for the chip, but a little too delicate and easy-peasy at the end of the day for the keeper to get hold of.

Sterling comes close as I type, so things are finally starting to hot up!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

That was written in the script 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Well we left that long enough. It’s not a good sign when your keeper gets man of the match in a home game you should be easily winning

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Yep, we got there in the end even though we made hard work of it.

Sorted – June 2018 here we come!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

Tedious, I went to the pub. Qualify top of group, then out in group stage at WC. Sounds familiar?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

If Southgate remains as Manager, then we have very little chance of getting past the group stages, that’s my reckoning. Otherwise, the guys overall have done well easy group or not and deserve a bit of gratitude. We qualified after all.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

I do not mind Southgate as Manaer but he has little quality to work with. I ask you…Dier and Henderson as World class midfieders…I think not and you will need them to get anywhere.. The effort was there from the team but there was no General, nobody to supply the passes needed to get the forwards going, instead the forwards had to do part of there job as well as threaten up front. I thought Rashford and Sterling worked very hard against very tough defenders but they need help

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

I’m not a massive Southgate fan but if the FA insist that any future England Manager must be English then that’s who you get.

A bigger problem other than Southgate is the quality of players he has to work with also do we need Henderson and Dier sitting in from of the back 4 against lesser teams?

Tbh I can only see the usual disappointment in Russia with what we have available. Hope I’m wrong.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Exactly Brian and Nine. We have no Gerrard or Lampard in midfield anymore. Imo Henderson and Dier do not have the passing ability to break a disciplined side down. Shame as at the moment i think we have very good forwards in Rashford Sterling and Kane

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

This is like a cliff-hanger or a ‘to be continued’.

If people can’t see or already see and dithering about in pretence and innocence, then the problem is starred upon.

It all falls back to breaking Ferguson’s dominance which in my point of view naturally was depressingly raw, hated Manchester United at the expense of Liverpool, and will loathe them greater than any football club at the expense of Liverpool.

What should essentially have taken place is those players ‘Goldstar’ of the 1990s’ should naturally have accelerated. Why don’t we have a Queue of Candidates for the England Position? No Prefixed Computer Portal?????

Quite simply because of the allowance of Foreign investment pointing in the direction of the Top Flight starting with The Glazers.

The attitude precedent to employ more and more Foreign Managers into the Top Flight and essentially put out any potential recruitment of English Managers.
                                  Look at the Premier League: Count how many English Managers are in occupation, then calculate against our National Side, and here were are, ala Gareth Southgate.

Note, no England respected legendary from Mexico 86, ala Peter Beardsley, John Barnes, Bryan Robson, Peter Shilton even. 25-30 years in living this; what has gone wrong and why?????

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

To b honest Nil I don’t understand a lot of you post. England’s demise isn’t down to Alex Ferguson whatsoever. It’s basically just poor management combined with average players.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Jim:

The heart of the matter is that we find ourselves with a Manager who doesn’t in fairness have a pedigree and good quality English players at a short supply.

It’s been a double-edge sword to find some form of balance and the reason why I made a point of Ferguson was because he was the mantle other clubs in top flight football aspired to try and take down.

The common theme was the hiring of foreign Managers/Coaches and bringing more foreign players into our game. And history shows in fairness, that’s been a good thing because United’s dominance eventually broke down and we have a more competitive Premier League.

However, as far as Management go, there haven’t been for one reason or another, an English Manager who’s been part in being highly successful. If this was the case, this person hypothetically would appear as a ‘good fit’ to lead our national team.

Coupled with that, nobody young stepped up once you take out of the equation the late Sir Bobby Robson, Terry Venables and Glen Hoddle. We then chosen to take the route of Sven, and Fabio.

The FA then have reverted to only hiring an Englishman and we only have effectively Gareth Southgate. It’s a sad state of affairs when there’s several out there sitting in the studio analysing the game, but not for one reason or another aspiring to develop themselves with a view to managing our national team – something in which I must say as an England support am highly disappointed of.

Some form of encouragement at the very least since the end of the ‘golden generation’ is that we have a group of half-decent players that can get it together, though it still misses that ‘stand out’ player and leader.

Sometimes I wonder whether there’s any point to facilitating all these academies.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Both of my little lads have experience of and are in Academies, not every young ladbis lucky enough to get that chance but the level of Coaching is at a different level to any local non pro Club with UEFA qualified Coaches, small group Coaching and it’s all ball at feet work and the youngsters are taught to love the ball which includes having your own ball.

Without the quality of Coaching in the Academies for our best young players and the changes to youth football that the FA have instigated based on Dutch lines which includes small teams and small pitch football we won’t get better players coming through and we will never improve.

Definitely from personal experience I can confirm that there are major advantages in our best young players being developed in these Academies from the age of 5/6 upwards but it will take time for those advantages to filter upwards.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Who else do we have that can act as a midfield playmaker aside from the ineffective Henderson and Dier. Southgate has talked about Wilshire but for me he has always just looked average at best. Need to give some of the younger players a go perhaps.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Jim, I watched the U 21 game last night and there may be one or two ready to step up.

2 holding midfielders v Lithuania at home when you need a bit of creativity? And Southgate going back to an injury prone Wilshere illustrates our lack of quality options in midfield.

I thought Barkley might be the answer but let’s see of form and the injury has set him back badly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.