Home Community General Football Club finances

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

I think ALL clubs are spending far too much money on very average players and for many clubs there is just an unexploded time bomb. If you aren’t in the CL it’s a financial disaster.

Look at United’s share price. A year ago it was $20 and now $10. Halved in 12m primarily due to no Champions League revenue.
      Not just here either. La Ligua clubs also in financial difficulty as are Italian clubs yet they all spend money they haven’t got. Maybe Johnson is advising them.

One idea might be to limit net spend as well as other parameters to calm the financial pressures.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

I could have guessed Utd would be brought up in this thread Adlab. So predictable πŸ˜„. If only there were enough oil states to go around eh?

Joking aside, the likes of Barca make all the PL sides look like extremely well run businesses.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Ed. Good guess

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

FSG are such tight gits hahaha πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

I think clubs are increasingly paranoid about keeping up with each other which just further fuels big money being spent. But I no longer think the billionaire owners are the root cause – they exacerbate the situation I think, but I think we the fans along with the culture are the root of the problem, i.e. we are the ones demanding more money to be spent to try and get one up on our rivals. Fans bemoan billionaire owners but deep down they just want their own one. As I’ve said before, I think we treat football far too seriously than it deserves. This also fuels much of the hatred you see on the stands now as teams have to win at all costs. Salary caps will just give off the feeling we’re doing something about it, but such things don’t get to the root of the problem, which lies at our door. So I think there’s too much inertia in that direction for things to change now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

The new self sustainability rules are already in place Adlab.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

Mikus. I totally agree with your sentiments about fan expectations.
                  We are totally right not to pay Β£50m plus for Cucarella. Way over the top. We should look elsewhere. There are other good left backs about and not Β£50m.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

To go on from there. It is to a large extent the media who want a story. The bigger the fee the better the story then the club and the player can be shot down.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Mikus..100% with you on that…I have long said it will be the “so called fans” that will ruin the game. You do not have to look far for evidence and it is not getting better. I use one word that encapsulates many of the “ills”. Respect… it is no longer applicable in football or a lot of society to day. Fans believe, if they have not got it, nobody else should have it, that is there “given right”. Of course , it opens up a can of worms into other aspects of behaviour and respect
                      I wish we could follow the Ladies Fans, sit on seats and clap as a family, even sit next to opposition fans…I know that will never happen now but that game was glimpse of how it should be

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

We have and have had a Template developed, albeit Mane. Huge Loss.

Hasn’t it been though even for successful clubs to be inspired by big money signings?

Nothing new there, but the club/s with effectively ‘unrestricted funds’ are going to accentuate in nature from the rest.

The reality is that there isn’t a perfect level playing field, but instead, clubs to the best of their financial capabilities are able to compete.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.