Home Community General Football CL quarter finals

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

Liverpool vs City
      Real Madrid vs Juventus
      Sevilla vs Bayern
      Barcelona vs Roma

Big tie for Liverpool. But if you want to win an elite cup. You need to beat the best.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Horrible draw. City will come at us and should be interesting.

If we lose, I hope city win it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Happy that we are not walking into the unknown!

2 beautiful attacking teams and fair-minded. With Sean, that if we don’t win it, they or Real Madrid can ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m excited if anything and confident over the 2 legs, we can edge through.

The reservation factually would be that we haven’t performed and delivered as far as the top 6 teams go albeit Arsenal when it came to the League meetings so far, though I do strongly feel and standby that had Mane, had not been sent off, we may well have had another game at the Ethiad.

Looking back recently, we were poor under Brendan Rodgers and struggled against Ludogorets. I’m absolutely thankful to how far we have come under Jurgen Klopp, and if we can oversee this over the 2 legs, then I believe we can go all the way.

Regretfully in recent times, our season has evaporated away around this part of the year, but even coming up to April, we still have something to hope for trophywise and still try and clinch the Runners Up spot.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          whoisbeni
          Participant

Amazing how the Spanish clubs are kept apart

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

What a crap draw! Real anti climax and the draw I wanted least even to the extent of being home first. If we had to get one of the favourites I would have much preferred one somewhere south of fucking Manchester!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Liverpool v City is a great draw for the neutrals but as Hightown reflects not what the majority of Liverpool and City fans would have chosen.

City will be the favourites especially with the 2nd leg being at the Etihad but if Liverpool can be defensively strong across both legs they have the players capable of causing City problems offensively.

Very difficult tie to call but if someone was twisting my arm I would say City are more likely to progress but it will be close and could go either way.

Whoever progresses three big guns are likely to be awaiting them in the Semi Finals.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Bit disappointed in Klopp I thought he was above this sort of thing:

โ€œI saw Begiristainโ€™s face after the draw and he didnโ€™t look like it was Christmas,โ€ Jรผrgen Klopp.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  paul powers tash
                  Participant

I agree HH crap draw.Would of been nice for both of our sides to get through to the semis.

I’m with you Sean whoever wins our game.I hope goes on and wins it.

Warm balls used again Adlab? ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Jose’s got his Book of Excuses out in his Press Conference today.Fully explaining why United aren’t in the Qtr Finals.?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

City will have a tough battle in the semifinals

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Who are United,Chelsea,and Spurs playing in the next round?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Be interesting to see the effect of the Liverpool v City tie on Liverpool’s chase for 2nd place and securing a top 4 place which they are favourites for. Tough run of games for City too in and around the Liverpool games but they can afford to drop points.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Damien Wallace
                            Participant

Ah well thatโ€™s Liverpool out much as I would love to be proved wrong we simply donโ€™t have enough to get past City over two games. Of the two sides we are more likely to do something stupid. Hope City go on to win it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

I don’t think Liverpool can be written off City are probably favourites but if Liverpool remain defensively strong over the two legs they have the players to test City and could go through.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Damien Wallace
                                Participant

โ€œLiverpool remain defensively strongโ€ Thatโ€™s the problem!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Nine, I think it’ll ultimately pan down to how resilient Liverpool can be, each game over 90 minutes. We may as well make that 100 mins approx, and those minutes added for stoppages are just as important.

Fans are fans and ok, the draw isn’t ‘ideal’ to some, but realistically at this stage of the competition, they are all going to be obstacles to try and overcome, and an injection of hunger psychologically would have kicked in. So more belief and confidence that they can go one better.

I think if anything, from an LFC perspective, we have to give ourselves a chance and see this as an opportunity rather than allow yourself to be held back and be fearful of the opposition.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

999 – your post at 1.57pm regarding Klopp’s comment. What is wrong with that? Basically I think his comment just means that City didn’t want that draw any more than we did, and I can’t see your issue with that. If he’d come out with a comment saying that we have a better draw than Mourinho, Conte or Poch then I could understand it would be foolish, but there’s nothing wrong in what he said there.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

What does Klopp’s comment even mean for somebody to get worked up about?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Tough draw. Strange how all the Spanish clubs were kept apart.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Hightown, maybe you’re right in your analysis mate. I think both club’s would have preferred to draw a European team.

Nil, you gotta be in it to win it mate and you are. Whoever you meet at the Qtr Final stage will be a good team and take some beating. Liverpool are definitely in with a chance v City and if they come through that one who knows. Cheers both 999

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.