Home Community General Football CL Draw. Qtr Finals and Semi Finals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Champions League semi-final draw
      Winner QF1 v Winner QF3

Real Madrid / Manchester City v Lyon/Juventus v Napoli/Barcelona v Chelsea/Bayern Munich

Winner QF2 v Winner QF4

RB Leipzig v Atlético Madrid v Atalanta v PSG

Champions League quarter-final draw
      Real Madrid / Manchester City v Lyon/Juventus
      RB Leipzig v Atlético Madrid
      Napoli/Barcelona v Chelsea/Bayern Munich
      Atalanta v PSG

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Do we have the dates for these? I think the finalists will not get much of a break before the new season starts, like about 5 days or so.

Any news on how the French teams will manage this?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

threeps,

Dates:

7–8 August: Round of 16 second legs
          12–15 August: Quarter-finals (Lisbon)
          18–19 August: Semi-finals (Lisbon)
          23 August: Final (Stadium of Light, Lisbon)

Looking forward to a Chelsea v City Semi Final.???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

“The Premier League’s preferred start date for the new season is September 12 – with the transfer window remaining open until October 5. Two dates will be discussed for the 2020-21 campaign at a meeting of the 20 clubs on Thursday with the only alternative for the Premier League start being August 29.”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

As it stands if an English team make the quarters or later then they need to self isolate for 2 weeks on return to England if I have read the situation correctly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Assuming things don’t worsen that’s been sorted threeps.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said:

“I’m very pleased that we’ve agreed exemptions from border health measures for a limited number of athletes and events staff, which means the British summer of sport is back on.

I am grateful to the sports governing bodies who have worked closely with us to put in place stringent protocols to ensure these events can go ahead safely.

It will mean that fans of the British Grand Prix, international cricket and Champions League football can look forward to yet more sporting action on home soil – a further boost to our national recovery.”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

I think City will have a tough battle with Madrid , 1 goal difference may not be enough so we need to start scoring early, if not Madrid will be expected to take full advantage.All top teams now so we have to up our game again

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea1967
                  Participant

Liverpool were away from home (albeit on neutral territory in Istanbul) against a quality side in AC Milan and reversed 0-3 in 45 plus minutes so maybe we can do same in 90 plus minutes. I doubt Bayern will take us lightly though and suffer from complacency or select a lesser team. They will be hell bent on easing some of the pain of 19 May 2012.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Chelsea’s only hope is that Bayern think they’re already through.

Such a commanding first leg lead with the second leg away from home against a team of Bayern’s quality would be difficult for any team I’m just hoping for a much better Chelsea performance than in the first leg.

I agree with Brian the City v Real tie is far from over and City will have to be at their best and not drop any defensive clangers to go through.

City have also picked up a very tough draw to the Final too but they are still capable of winning the trophy which would leave UEfA with egg on their faces if the ban sticks.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chelsea1967
                      Participant

I’m hoping for a much better performance than Sheffield United yesterday. That defence will end up being exploited like a bunch of turnstiles being worked overtime at Allianz Arena. Totally scary thought. Another behind the sofa viewing. Actually no, I will check the final score and decide whether to watch a replay and I’ve never done that with intention before, only due to being otherwise occupied.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Chelsea1967.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.