Home Community General Football Better officiating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just thinking a lot of activity off the ball goes unnoticed. I don’t believe the football played regardless of any team involved is delivered a 100 miles an hour.

Why is there still tugging back, blatant shirt pulling, wrestling of bodies and obstruction still escaping over the course of 90 minutes?

I don’t as such have any issue with Linesman because they have their own duty at hand to constantly be switched on towards.

The 4th official is central, but if an additional 2 officials either side of the pitch could be stood stationary to monitor events as they unfold, then we wouldn’t need the reach of Video Tech as cried out for over a number of years.

Shirt pulling and blatant pushing you’d expect in the 3rd Division, probably not even that.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Nil… said it before, but the ref’s these days are on a hiding to nothing with every player from every club pushing the rules to the limits and then beyond. You can just about guarantee at every single corner the bugger in black could either give a peno or a free-kick, depending on his mood!

My own particular grip, and my Spuds are as guilty as everyone, is when players “shield” the ball for corner kicks, goal kicks, throw-ins… for the life of me I don’t understand how that isn’t deliberate obstruction.. it twists my melons man…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Banjo – completely with you on that. the one that gets me is appealing for throws, corners or goal kicks when a player knows it has come off them last. to me it is the same as diving. the appeal is an attempt to con referee in to giving a decision in their favour. also defenders diving pisses me off.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Top shouts guys and completely with you.

I don’t know whether Management are encouraging this sort of thing in the dressing room but I wasn’t impressed at all with a few of the Leicester players tugging shirts, pulling players back, standing in front of them to deliberately block their pathway.

On their first goal, Okazaki impeded Mignolet whilst the corner was on it’s way, and the punch was missed and fell into his path. He then spins away and sticks his foot out whilst Gomez was held back by another Leicester player.

It’s no wonder Henderson was remonstrating with Anthony Taylor and rightly so.

I don’t mind if Goal-line technology isn’t implemented, but all it takes if for 2 bodies, (one on each side of the goal mouth) to stand vigil and report instantly to the Ref any misdemeanours.

Dirty play like that potentially changes wins into draws or draws into defeats for the team on the receiving end.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Nil… guarantee you all the Mars Bars you can eat in one sitting that if you looked at that corner kick, there would be somebody in a red shirt somewhere in that penalty box holding/hugging/groping/kissing somebody in a blue shirt… picking on that one incident via your red glasses (and there’s nothing wrong with that btw!) is a bit pointless. My mob are just as guilty!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Groping is a new one! Oi!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.