Home Community Arsenal Arsenal Going Backwards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    FoxyFoxes
    Participant

Actually didn’t think they were too bad against Chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Arsenal’s current situation stretches beyond Arteta, though it makes me wonder whether for example, either Bielsa or Nuno would get more out of those players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Has to be Conte I think. They need to rid the club of this acceptance of mediocrity that’s crept into the culture of the club. When things have got as bad as this, you need to just bring in “win at all costs” kind of people.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

I doubt the board would sack a manager after just backing him in the transfer window. Arsenal are trying to play the long game now with more long term signings who have potential. They are playing it safe in that sense I think. I believe they had quite a few players missing. If they’re still really struggling some months into the season, they’ll have to review but I don’t see anything happening yet.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Conte is a great shout Ed but Kroenke would have to agree to back him strongly in the transfer market to get him to agree to come I suspect.

Arsenal will be comfortably top half whatever happens at the Etihad on Saturday once they get all their players back and playing imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Yeah I don’t think Arteta will be sacked. I think he should be but I don’t think he will be. Which in itself is part of the problem. None of the other top clubs would put up with 2 8th place finishes in a row. But I think it will take a Conte-like character to get them back to where they want to be.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Good summary Mikus.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Good summary Mikus.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Who is buying the players? Is it the manager or edu? Ramsdale signing 30m??? Just crazy after selling Martinez. How can you get these things so wrong. About 5 centre backs bought and most of them are awful.

Ben white fits in a back 3. Get him back and go with that formation

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

If Arsenal’s form continues, who are they going to bribe to stay in the top league this time?????……. PaganπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Luckydestiny
                        Participant

They be calling barca and Madrid pagan, begging to get super league up and running ASAP πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Arsenal have got zero fear factor now. I sued to really look forward to these matches because they were often very high scoring, free-flowing games. Maybe their new signings can raise them up a level, once they settle in but I have my doubts about Arteta but who doesnt?

Conte sounds perfect for them TBH. Mind you, they could have used Rafa. They need that steadying , pragmatic approach.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Conte would be a great short to medium solution providing Kroenke was prepare to back Conte in the transfer market.

Arteta rightly or wrongly seems to be Arsenal’s medium to long term strategy.

Arsenal seem to be pursuing a medium to long term strategy for the Club that’s what their buys reflect anyway and as Mikus touched upon earlier because of that Arsenal are likely to give Arteta more time to begin to turn things around probably at least to Christmas but possibly until the end of the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

β€œArsenal have got zero fear factor now.” Not so sure about that Mak, it used to be the fear of being taken apart by a fantastic team, now it’s the fear of the embarrassment of being beaten by them πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚β€¦β€¦β€¦β€¦Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                FoxyFoxes
                                Participant

I just really don’t see who in their right mind would take on that role. An in demand manager wouldn’t go near them I would think, unless they had the most incredible offer and ridiculous backing and financial support to rebuild. In my opinion, the only type of manager who I think would go there is one who has a point to prove and probably recently sacked. Not exactly a desirable situation for a club the size of Arsenal.
                                  I said it when they appointed Arteta that they should have gone after Ancelotti instead. Of the three ex-player managers appointed around that time, Arteta seems to be the one most out of his depth, Franky and Ole at least competeted at right end of the table.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

“Arsenal have reportedly set a deadline of five games for Mikel Arteta to save his job, and have also identified former Chelsea and Inter Milan manager Antonio Conte as a potential replacement.

Arteta is under growing pressure at the Emirates Stadium after an awful start to the season, and the Telegraph report that Conte would be the most likely name targeted to take his place if the Spanish tactician cannot turn things around soon.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

I don’t know why you are so worried about my tea
                                      M foxy
                                      Between here and TT you’d think you were a fan 😁

A loss again last night … total crisis and heading backwards 😁😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      FoxyFoxes
                                      Participant

honestly, I hate seeing such a bastion of a club go through complete disintegration like this. It’s being mismanaged on the field and off

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

That makes one of us… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Pagan
                                          Participant

Didn’t think you’d be able to resist a post on this thread Chuckles, it seems that RatyRatae is the only one not enjoying the temporary demise of the β€œbest club in London”………..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.