Home Community General Football Argentina v Italy – Fri 23rd March

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

Well, I’ve got my tickets for this game. Any of you Manchester based lot going to the game? Good chance to hopefully see the world’s best player in a match where I don’t care who wins! Don’t normally like friendlies but looking forward to this one.

If anyone, Jim, Brian etc fancy meeting for a pre match drink, let me know!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

At the Etihad, by the way!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Well, my son and I went to this last night, only to be disappointed that Messi wasn’t playing, or Aguero, or Chiellini, or Dybala!!

Having said all that, it was a surprisingly entertaining game. Argentina were by far the better side with Lanzini and Di Maria particularly standing out. I have to say though that Italy were woeful, and like Holland, you can see why they didn’t qualify for Russia. I know Argentina only scraped through with a victory in their final qualifier, but they looked neat and tidy. Took a few risks at the back as is the modern way, but played some exciting fast, one touch football, and all that without their 2 best players. Their defence is definitely their weakest area and Cabellero in nets didn’t inspire confidence, but they could be a contender in the summer. Not one of the favourites, but a dark horse definitely.

An entertaining evening, plenty of kids there in a crowd i would guess to be around 15000-20000. Plenty of blue seats on display, but nothing new there for the Etihad (stands back to watch the reaction!!). Smiley face inserted!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.