Home Community General Football Any new ideas to shake up football when it returns?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

My contribution (you can’t be serious)

1. Agents have to pay the EPL for any part they play in our game

2. Top 6 put into Championship and top 6 from Championship put in Div1 vice versa for bottom half…..That would stir something

3 TV companies to supply free match day programmes, tea/coffee at HT, maybe an Eccles cake thrown in as well

4. TV companies contracts to be on a match by match basis, take it or leave it

5. During VAR waiting time can we have some entertainment, How about booking the Rat pack with full orchestra or better still a solid good Brass band walking around the pitch

I leave you with a smile and your thoughts

Keep safe, stay in

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Brian, as we’re all but on a War footing why not revert to the sharing of players where players played for all sorts of different Clubs in the War.

I vote for Chelsea bagging Alisson, Van Dijk, De Bruyne and Aguero.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Good idea but you can only have a max of two but you can have two from a Div 1 side

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

They also have to play on muddy Park pitches, all stadiums closed

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

I vote for Chelsea to take back Mata & Matic,Arse to take Sanchez,Blackburn to take Jones,Juve to take Pogba,Fulham to take Smalling,Saints to take Shaw,Bnefica to take Lindeflop,anyone to take Rojo,Bailly,Lingard,Pereira,Lesta to give us back the £80m we paid for the Yorkshire slaphead…..

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

Brian, I’d like to see a maximum wage of say £10k a week, and then the rest of their ridiculous wages can be made up in win bonuses, that may focus their minds…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Pagan…that should work. Some need there minds to focus instead of buying fast cars and partying all the time. Clubs and players should think of how they can improve fans experience

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Players travelling to the home games by bus mingling with the fans and having time for the fans like it used to be way back when.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Alisson is some god damned keeper though, seriously. He’s exceeded my wildest expectations. Not totally relevant but it’s a response to Nine 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

My guess is, now that we are in very uncertain times this will change the face of transfers and expectations, for a time at least. Any player thinking of moving has more to consider now than just winning trophies , however, I see Agenys pushing like crazy because they see a loss of income situation and we cannot have the poor Agents suffering can we!! They increase the cost of football on universal basis…get rid of them or at lease curtail there inflated commissions

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

I know this thread is partly tongue in cheek, but I would love to see footy realign itself back into the game we all fell in love with (some of us, maybe not you whippersnappers! 🙂 ), and gets away from its current form of the accountants in the office being just as important as the players on the pitch.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Chuky, I guess most fans would want that. It probably will not happen but I remember when it was a more evenly structured game, in saying that, there was always a few teams that had more money than others. Just after WW2 it was Sunderland, Newcastle, Arsenal splashing the cash. What goes round will come round, as the saying goes, I do fear for the game, the powers that be will see this as a good time to introduce whatever they want

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

No FFP next season according to UEFA?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Does this mean they admit getting it wrong and trying to hide behind current crisis???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Double B, more like just about every club is going to be showing huge loses for this year, which would very likely blow the 30 million a year allowed (or whatever it was!) out of the water.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Brian, no it’s not UEFA admitting they got it wrong as Chucky points out it is a once off to allow for the current difficulties.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

If it is the likes of Man City who are most aggrieved then I think it shows that they got it right.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Mak…no matter where you look in life there are always going to be differences in wealth. It has been like that since the year Dot and will continue as long as we are alive. I am not saying it is right but there have been wars and revolutions in the past to try and equate it..all failed Years ago it was other teams that had more money than the rest, resulting in the game now is even more out of the hands of clubs, some still run up debt but saying they can service the debt and make dividends, I know when I ran my business the Banks would never let that happen to me. Servicing a debt was considered a risk not a virtue. You can always put an argument against City but it will open a can of worms for others also IF City are found guilty, so be it, take the punishment and move on If they are cleared, sue UEFA for costs, that has to be fair If rules are to set then I would have no problem in clear accounting rules, these are not transparent to day or have been for some time.
                                        Sorry , gone off the theme of this thread

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Brian, to be fair I think the FFP rules are pretty clear.

I get it that City fans don’t feel very well disposed towards UEFA but if City aren’t guilty CAS will clear them and if not they will have to accept their punishment.

Doesn’t look it will get sorted out anytime soon due to the Coronavirus crisis holding up the hearing though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

If they were clear it would have been picked up much sooner and since a definitive solution had not been found then there is a problem with interpretation of the rules. maybe good for some and not others. I would argue the same way for any club Nine not just City in this situation

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.