Home Community Liverpool Anfield Rd Redevelopment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    macclad11
    Participant

With the vast sums of cash floating around for player transfers now, can there be any excuse not to get the Anfield Road end developed ASAP and the capacity lifted?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      gingerlfc
      Participant

Been thinking the same recently myself.
        If we sold Coutinho we could redevelop the Annie Rd end and have £40+mil left over.
        I’m not saying to do it but that option is there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        macclad11
        Participant

Seems to me the redevelopment would have a bigger long term benefit to the club than some of the recent transfer ‘failings’.

Either way I don’t think the argument they have previously used of ‘time taken to pay for itself’ is going remain a valid one if they have funds sloshing around they seem to have.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          whoisbeni
          Participant

I’m not sure why it’s stalling as all the plans have been drawn up and approved by FSG.

I think one delay is due to the club not wanting to use Carillion again, although they do want the same subcontractors – and are trying to position it.

I think Carillion were one of the ones from the main stand who didn’t cover themselves in glory, plus they look like they are about to go bust. I hope this is the only reason for the delay.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I don’t know the full ins an outs, but it seems to me that gradually, each different end of the stadium will be given the attention it needs.

We had a new playing surface relayed over the summer and plus to my knowledge, some work was put in to revamp the Kop.

Potentially, there could be possibility of a fully-refurbed Anfield. Will naturally take some time though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Orbane
              Participant

The main project this year is the Kirkby training ground development which is no small sum. It is happening 1st and is the priority spend this year. The pitch has just be upgraded, the main stand completed etc etc etc… so the Anfield stand upgrade is probably not as urgent as the ones I listed and those are no peanuts in expense either.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                whoisbeni
                Participant

The pitch finally has a proper irrigation system underneath – so no more laughing at the drenched guy with the orange shovel desperately trying to direct the water onto the pitch

Asking today, it seems FSG have had a change of heart about Anfield Road and are looking to see if it should be bigger – but the archway beam of the new stand is hamperibg the corners being filled.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by whoisbeni.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.