Home Community Man City 'All or Nothing'

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    gjblues
    Participant

Watched the first three episodes so far – even the Missus enjoyed them.
      Compulsive viewing …………… if you’re a City fan. But quite an enjoyable watch, I think, for the ‘neutrals’ also.
      You can see why Pep is so successful – his man-management and motivational skills are something else.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by gjblues.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

He simply has to win the CL with City, or otherwise he will be a failure with City and Bayern!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

maverick…I doubt you could call Pep a failure, look at his achievments, that is what counts and the opportunities are growing, you cannot class quanify future with a failure before it has even started, no “has to” about it. You coud say….maybe he will, maybe he wont” It is not possible to win everything in football, you can dream about it though CL is not the “b all of everything” in my view and it will be replace shortly by a global Cup for clubs, the CL will soon be a poor relative just like the Caraboo Cup or Europa. Just my view maverick

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

I tend to agree with Brian Mav. If Pep is a failure it would only be for not winning the CL at Bayern because there’s every chance he might still win it at City.

Personally as much as there is great prestige in winning the CL the harder trophy to win is the PL imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            gjblues
            Participant

Have to agree with 999. I have always preferred to win the PL than the CL – well ever since we’ve been in both competitions. That preference still stands but I must admit gap is reducing.
              I remember speaking to a United pal of mine before they’d won the treble in 1999 – I asked him which of the two, CL and Pl, would he rather win and he said the PL every time. how about you Mav?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Not @Barca gentlemen,but definitely @Bayern.With City its still a possibility of course.

Definitely the CL for me gjblues mate.Just my thing!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

27-Not with what City have got right now mate,winning the PL is a piece of cake for Pep.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Mav, City have enough in their locker to get out of the Group stages and the knock out games don’t start until February which is when the CL gets really interesting and KDB will be well back by then.

Luck can play an important part in winning or not winning the CL whereas the luck is evened out over 38 games in the PL which is a much bigger test imo.

City are currently the favourites for both the CL and the PL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

City are currently the favourites for both the CL and the PL. Make sure Liverpool dont hear you say that,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Mav,not me saying it mate it’s the Bookmakers saying it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

Gjblues, saw it advertised the other day and will definitely give it a watch. The thing that strikes me about Guardiola is that, like Klopp, he acts like a father figure to the players at the club – it’s not just about respect and putting an arm round you, there’s something much deeper there with him. He’s also a stickler for fine details which helps makes him one of the most balanced and complete managers around. I was concerned for him at first when he came to the PL because I thought his philosophy might be too overcomplicated when translating it through to the players with regard to the nature of our league but because he has that aura about him, the players listen and deliver. Unique and special talent.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

27-Yes m8 I agree entirely,on paper City and PSG should contest the final.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

What do you think of Mourinho’s comments?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Haven’t seen any of it yet Adlab. But does it matter what yesterday’s man says anymore? People are bored of his whinging and most football fans including United fans based on the ones I know are tired of his defensive style of play. He has become a bore.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                gjblues
                                Participant

You are spot on Mikus and that’s what struck me watching what I’ve seen so far – in the dressing room scenes when Pep is talking, all the players to a man paid absolute attention to what he was saying; there was no looking down, looking away, tying boots, etc., the concentration from the players was unswerving.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  gjblues
                                  Participant

Adlab, just read Mourinho’s comments. What a laugh – he talks about “class”. Is this the same idiot that poked Tito Vilanova in the eye, that lambasted Dr Carneiro and called her a “daughter of a whore”. that constantly criticises his players in public, that has served more touchline bans than any other PL manager, etc., etc., etc.
                                    What a muppet.
                                    A ‘has been’ muppet in fact.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Mourinho would have been better dodging the question imo. Haven’t seen it so I can’t comment would have been the obvious answer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

When Jose said “ you cannot buy class” he meant Chelsea not United,lol!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Mav, he meant City and I can somewhat understand why he had the hump given what was aimed at him in it which was a bit uneccessary imo.

But it’s on Amazon Prime and only a few will watch it. He would have been best ignoring it but that’s not Jose’s way he will always react if attacked.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

Nice to see that Maureen has bothered to watch a programme about City lol. I’ve not even watched it yet. 3-1 down at HT o Brighton I wonder if he watched some at HT to see how it is done?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.