Home Community General Football AGUEROOOOOO!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

“AGUEROOOOOO… I swear, you’ll never see anything like this ever again!”

On this day in 2012, Sergio Aguero scored one of the most dramatic Premier League goals of all time.

Manchester City headed into their final game of the 2011/12 season top of the Premier League by goal difference, and only needed to match Man United’s result against Sunderland on the final day of the season to be crowned champions for the first time in 44 years – but it looked as if QPR had ruined their big day.

With City lurching into injury time 2-1 down to the west Londoners in front of a stunned Etihad crowd, United were beating the Black Cats 1-0 to leave their rivals needing two goals.

Edin Dzeko duly equalised in the 92nd minute to set up a grandstand finale… and with United players nervously awaiting news at the Stadium of Light, Mario Balotelli teed up Aguero… and the rest is history.

City fans at the stadium will never forget that goal, or the sheer noise from the stands as the ball hit the back of the net – but for millions watching Sky Sports’ coverage from home, that famous moment will always be associated with the voice of one man: Martin Tyler.

The legendary commentator rose to the occasion with one word – “AGUERO!”, with as many o’s as you want to add on depending on your love for City – ringing out as the striker lashed the ball past Paddy Kenny.” Evening Standard 13/05

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Quite possibly the most “dramatic” moment in Premiership history… don’t matter who you support!!!

Have to admit, with my well known love for YooUtd, it certainly wasn’t the worst moment in Premiership history either. Oh, how I larffed!! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Great moment, great year and great month that!

7 days later Chelsea added the Champions League to the FA Cup!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Hmmm… can’t say I’m too fussed about those events. In fact, I’d completely forgot about those moments in footballing history until you just reminded me… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

The best I can say is “I was there”. I have never heard a noise like it anywhere, anytime, more than just a loud cheer mixed up with emotion, shrieks and the whole atmospheric accumulation. Two players were also important apart from Sergio…Dzeko and Ballotelli lets not forget them but the whole team deserved the win after a somewhat City”give away” game almost consumed us

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Ok, things have changed since that time. City have gone from hopeful rivals of ours to just definite rivals and then this season we’ve traded places. It’s been eventful but I guess we’ve developed some negativity towards eachother and that’s why I’m mentioning it here.

I didn’t see this whole thing live but I watched it afterwards and I also saw the youtube videos that showed both sets of supporters and I definitely favoured City then… that aside though, I will tell you… I still remember and Im not exaggerating, the hairs all stood up on my neck, the first time I watched Agueros goal. This isn’t me saying it was X amazing, this is a real, literal memory.

somethings are so good that you just can’t help but be sucked right in.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

As the ball moved forward, I think it was Kompany, I thought last chance, the flurry that happened in the next few seconds kind of numbed me, when the goal went in I could not even cheer, then when I saw Augerro wheel away and the net still rippling, I just let go. A full 5 minutes I still could not take it in
                  Mak..good to see you back, hope you are taking care.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Brian, what a moment. No League title since 1968. United having were about to lift the PL trophy at Sunderland, 2 City goals in stoppage time, the winning goal at 93 minutes, 20 seconds snatches the PL trophy from United’s grasp. Be suprised if anyone in the PL ever betters that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Nine…made up for all the years of suffering.. I do believe though, as much as the money invested had a big say, I believe the culture change in Management has had a bigger effect and I am not just talking about Pep The Club as a whole has changed dramatically, I know that because I have seen so many changes but the last decade has seen improvement in all aspects of the club.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

I should say Nine…I did feel sorry for Fergie when I saw his face at Sunderland…well for a few seconds but he should not have been calling and baiting us before that

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Brian , you can relive that game at 5pm tomorrow on Sky.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Thanks Nine…it was on the BBC last night as well but I also have full match on CityTV

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Brian, don’t you need Martin Tyler’s commentary for full enjoyment.

“AGUEROOOOOO… I swear, you’ll never see anything like this ever again!” ???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.