Home Community General Football Aguero to leave City.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

It’s been announced that Sergio Aguero will leave City at the end of the season and that a statue will be erected at the Etihad for him.

Been coming, be interesting to see where he goes next. I would gladly take him at Chelsea for a couple of years.

Will always be a City legend though.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

I think Benitez had an opportunity to sign him for us before he came to Europe for around Β£18 mill but think he felt he couldn’t risk that fee on such a player. Never quite got over that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

The family must be so settled in Manchester now. Leaving City doesn’t have to mean leaving Manchester Sergio πŸ˜„

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          cityboy54
          Participant

Very sad news to actually hear it confirmed..what a amazing player..πŸ˜ͺ

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

One of my favourite all time pl players, one hell of a proper striker! He will be missed

Wonder what city will get for him
              Is his contract out?

And of course who replaces him
              Hopefully someone as good so the standard in the pl stays high

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

They’re not renewing his contract Steve. I suspect they’re freeing up wages for someone like Haaland. I can only see Haaland going to City if he doesn’t go to Real Madrid or Bayern

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Tbh I think Aguero should go to somewhere like Barca of PSG it just wouldn’t seem right seeing him play in the PL for another Club other than City. I’m sure he will have lots of options.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Yeah I agree Nine. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s brought in by Laporta as the sweetener in convincing Messi to stay. Messi was no doubt holding out for Neymar coming back but Aguero would be tons cheaper and probably every bit as appealing to Messi.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Without doubt a wonderful servant to City and really nice guy as well. City will miss him, football will miss him

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

He gave me the best moment ever in football. I still get goosebumps watching it. The greatest City goalscorer of all time. I wish him all the luck in the world wherever he goes. I think that will be Barca.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Mino Raiola to The Athletic: β€œI don’t give a f*ck if I never do another player with Man Utd. I’m not in their hands. I’m independent. Guardiola? I’ve closed the book a long time ago. Everybody knows what I think of him personally; he can say what he thinks for me personally”.

The prospect of Haaland going to City might not be straightforward after all. As good as Haaland is, the fact Raiola is his agent means I’m really not bothered who he joins. Horrible agent he is.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

One of the Best Ever modern day Examples I’ve seen. A real shame about the injuries he has had to endure.

Sergio Aguero – Hat-trick Hero πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Aguero’s winning goal v QPR is probably the most memorable moment from the PL given its timing and it’s importance. Hell of a player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              cityboy54
                              Participant

Can’t see Haaland coming to city if Real Madrid and Barcelona are in the hunt

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Cityboy,you have to remember this is Mino Raiola we’re talking about. Haaland is 20 years old. If he gets the Barca/Madrid move now, then he’ll stay there for a long time and there will be no potential big move at 25-27 as there isn’t really a step up available then.

Raiola is only interested in maximising his own earnings so he’ll know that a move to the PL for 3-5 years then sets up a huge payday for him when Haaland hits his peak and Real Madrid then come in for him.

My bet would be on City or Chelsea if anything were to happen this summer. Alternatively, he stays another season and Bayern then swoop in with the release clause, replacing Lewandowski with Haaland. Lewandowski going back to Dortmund as a sweetener.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

There’s going to be a lot made more than ever about Kane to City. I think he’d be a fantastic signing for them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

If and when Kane does go Nil I don’t think it will be to a PL Club, Levy will want to sell him abroad. Levy won’t want to strengthen any of the Club’s in the top 6.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Augero a premier league legend . What I love about him and David silva, is Manchester is so different from Spain but they embraced it and loved the city. It’s a great city and the people are proper nice. He never moaned etc. Some player,

In general being Irish, I love going to the uk. London, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow

Always treated so well and have met some proper characters on the way.

No idea were that came ftom chums πŸ˜‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

I read this morning that City are looking to sign both Grealish and Harland in the Summer only rumours still of course but if that was to happen everyone will be playing for second place for quite some time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Sean, thus my first response in him being one fine example. Ever-present in his commitment and attitude. Just one Top Bloke and Player.

It’ll be 10 years in October since the 6-1 at Old Trafford which pushed boundaries and was probably the catalyst to City’s first Title success.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.