Home Community General Football A clear Two-Tier Premier Division

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Something I picked upon from the early evening game of Everton-Manchester City. The League is clear that it’s 2 tier after the top 6.

From a personal POV, I don’t see any wrongness in that although Leicester at times ANNOY me thinking they are Bees-Knees and all that clap-trap from Fairtytale.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City are the ones winning more trophies, and it’s evidence.

Tottenham, should be, but are not.

And *****LIVERPOOL***** Long Live Jurgen Klopp, haha πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      goatistuta
      Participant

And I don’t see that top 6 changing for a long long time, the order will switch around but those 6 will stay routed at the top long into the 2020’s

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Leicester and Burnley have definitely been for me the 2 better teams outside the top 6.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

There was one point I agreed with on Saturday Night re Barton and that the PL standards have dropped.

From a Liverpool point of view, I’ve trained myself a bit not too dwell and look back too much. For example, Torres yes was good, but now we have Salah. Plus, we were under some arguably very bad ownership and they really could have taken us down.

I think as far as we go, we’re on the right track to develop young players and I see Pep doing that too with his Man City squad.

Ben Chilwell is a good example of coming straight through the youth set up and Harry McGuire is a good example of a player coming from the lower league.

But the cycle I see seems to be money spent big on players from abroad that are not quiet the finished articles, and when they have bettered, the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid come for you like a Bumble Bee to Honey.

Maybe there were a lot more variety of better players in the Premier League 10-15 years ago compared to now, and many sadly have faded away from ageing or just being out of favour.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.