Home Community General Football 999 Health

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea1967
    Participant

Nice words Editor.

I think of Paul every day and say a little prayer on his behalf. Very sad times and as one of Paul’s loves is his football club, we’d all like to see at the very least a decent 90 minute effort, if only as you said, to put a smile on Paul’s face.

God bless you Paul.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      CM
      Participant

Just came across this thread, and it took me a few minutes to register what I read.

I am truly sorry for what you’re going through, Nine. Over the years, we have had quite a few battles when it comes to our clubs. Yet, I have always respected your passion and love for your club, as well as the opinions you shared on here and TeamTalk.

Keep fighting, my friend. I hope Saturdays result placed a smile on your face.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chelsea1967
        Participant

The season may be over now and for us Chelsea supporters it could not have come soon enough. What a nightmare it has been BUT one of our own continues a very real and sad and serious health battle which has rocked us to the core. Please think of him and say a few prayers for him. I am hoping that he is well cared for and comfortable at this time and is able to read some of our comments. Thinking of you Paul.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Having had heart surgery two years ago I know the feeling of mortality. Every time I log in I think of 9 and hope.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

I dropped Paul an email this morning letting him know we’re all thinking of him. Will let you know if I hear anything back

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              AllyDickWasQuick
              Participant

999/Paul I’ve only just seen your post with the devaststing news,I just sat there for the best part of an hour not knowing what to say. Here goes, you are such a huge part of this site and even though I haven’t met you , you are a mate, stay strong, I will be thinking of you every day xxx 🙏🙏🙏

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chelsea1967
                Participant

Nearly two weeks on and nothing. Prayers and kind thoughts for Paul everyone. Very very sad situation.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

It is somewhat worrisome… can’t be good news, if/whenever we get it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    gjblues
                    Participant

OMG, not being a regular/consistent poster on here, I missed this thread somewhere along the way.
                      Absolutely devastated to now learn of Nine’s situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you cyber pal – hope you’re still with us, without pain 🙏

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

Thinking of you Nine. Hope you are reading or at least in some comfort. All my best wishes mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chelsea1967
                        Participant

Nice words Lucky. Every couple of days I reach out to Paul through a little prayer. Ed has tried to make contact however appears to have had no reply. Very sad.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

It’s heart breaking 67.

Hope you are well yourself mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Mikus LFC
                            Participant

I’m very sorry to hear there has been no reply. Nine, you have my prayers for you indefinitely.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Yeah, no reply to my email attempts 67. Very sad indeed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chelsea1967
                                Participant

Yes thanks Lucky. All good here mate. Hope you are well also 🙂 Thanks Ed for letting us know.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Sonof999
                                  Participant

Hi All, I am Paul’s son (999). I have sad news that my dad sadly lost his long battle with cancer in the early hours of Sunday morning this weekend. He passed in peace with the love and compassion of a care team that had been taking care of him. I know he loved posting on these sites and debating all things football with you all (and probably winding some of you up from time to time). And his obvious love of his team Chelsea. I know that he would also post on team talk alot, I have tried to create a login on team talk but I’m not getting the email back to allow me to log in, please could I ask someone to add this message to team talk. My family and I have read the messages from this thread that my dad posted about his health update and have taken comfort from the nice words that have been said about him and the concern that you have shown for him when he wasn’t able to post with you all. Thank you again.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

@Sonof999 thanks so much for taking the time to give us this update at this difficult time. As you’ll have seen from reading the posts on this thread, Paul was very well thought of here and over on Teamtalk. I’ve been reading Paul’s posts for probably 15-20 yrs or something and have been fortunate enough to have had many discussions with him over that time.

Paul really was part of the furniture here and over at Teamtalk and will be dearly missed. Amongst all the chaos on various football-related sites where I’ve known Paul, Paul was always the voice of reason and the glue holding everything together. A true gentleman.

Rest in Peace Paul 🙏

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

I’m so, so sorry to hear the news. I lost my own mother to cancer a few years back and I know what a horrible time this is for you and your family so you all have my deepest sympathies.

It may be a small crumb of comfort, but your father was certainly a valued a member of our little online community (I called him the “puppy” due his avatar, mainly to wind him up!) and, depsite have a few verbal run-ins with him over the years, always valued his opinion (on those few occassions I agreed with him!). I’m sure I speak for everybody here when I say he will be missed for sure.

Again, my deepest sympathies to you and your family, and thank you for taking the time to let us know the sad news.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

God bless Paul you will be missed
                                          Be heartfelt condolences to the family

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          D1rtyH4rry
                                          Participant

Thank you so much Sonof999. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rest in Peace 999. We will continue to fight this dreadful disease, and you will always be in my thoughts when fundraising to do so.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.