Share this page

Home Community Liverpool Virgil van Dijk – better than Sakho? Reply To: Virgil van Dijk – better than Sakho?

Mikus LFC
Participant

Thought I’d make the move over…

I think Klopp has clearly struggled with the physicality of the premier league, and he has bemoaned several times the aggressiveness of some teams during corners. However, I’m not sure he’ll resort to a defensive coach – I think he believes fundamentally that his way will work with the right type of players. Klopp is first and foremost a coach that builds on workrate and energy, hence the pursual of Keita, another high energy player. This is why in some ways I think a DM will be more important than a CB to Klopp (although there’s no doubt a better CB & leader at the back will of course help). Big question is, if Klopp can’t bring in his targets this summer, is he willing to find an alternative or will he be more picky over the players he brings in? – i.e. if he can’t find a player with such hunger & workrate attributes, will he just leave it? – it wouldn’t surprise me. Klopp is in the middle of rebuilding the team in his own image – that may trump many things.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner