Share this page

Home Community Liverpool Watford Game Reply To: Watford Game

Nike19
Participant

What I do find frustrating is that in relation to the pre-season the squad was thrown in the deep end and playing full-blown competitive football against quality teams. We did well too through out albeit 1 defeat (I think).

I was ultra happy to see Jon Flanagan return to the fold. JK is not standing in the way of offers coming in for Alberto Moreno, so why on earth was he even selected in the starting line up? It’s madness.

We had opportunities to kill that game off on the basis of chances falling to Salah and Wijn. Wijn is too lukewarm for me and doesn’t show enough aggression and ruthlessness in his game. This is what we lack, alongside leadership.

I love JK, but his team selection was baffling. We needed Solanke to come on for us and grab a 4th goal. We have not learned our lessons from last season in these type of games where the opposition wont lie down and yesterday reminded me of Bournemouth.

I just knew in the back of my mind that even in the final moments, we’d succumb to all the Watford huffing and puffing and concede, and we did.

We should beat Palace next Saturday and I think we will, comfortably inspite of them being our bogey team at Anfield.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner