Share this page

Home Community Liverpool Virgil van Dijk – better than Sakho? Reply To: Virgil van Dijk – better than Sakho?

Anonymous

Hey Mwake, good to see another TT head join. Was it yourself of someone else who suggested before that we hold onto Sakho until January?. . when the table is starting to settle and palace or the likes need to make sure they keep getting their PL TV cheques, maybe his talents could be better appreciated then. TBH Palace got away with murder by benefiting massively for a tiny fee and they couldn’t be bothered after that. Well, Sakho is well credited with being the potential difference between the drop and a safety, so I’d probably keep him on board until then but the thing is, what do you do with him before then? Would any team worth loaning him to even be interested in a 6 month loan? I doubt it but maybe there is another angle there somewhere that doesn’t involve him playing for us.

I like Sakho and had really high hopes for him at Liverpool but I can’t see Klopp bringing him back into the fold. We’ve been running the risk of not only not getting Van Dijk but actually heading into the season with only Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez. Sakho is definitely better than 2 of those defenders are arguably better than Lovren. So, even with the situation we’re facing there hasn’t been a single word or hint that Sakho has a way back here at Anfield. I didn’t think he ever had one but when he celebrated that goal against us that time, I think that was event horizon.

My overall thought here is that if we were to find some clever way of putting Sakho’s talents on display with the ability to sell him in January, we might be able to get up to £40m for him, never mind the £30m that we clearly can’t get for him right now.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner